Chapter 14

The election announcement was passed on to all the departments and the students were shocked to know that it was open for all. Many department students decided not to involve themselves in this so they backed out.

Mrini and Krishna reach the quadrangle and saw all the arrangements done.

Mrini: enna da ivlo vegama pannitu irukanga ?

Krishna: They are serious Mrini. We must save our department.

Mrini nods her head firmly and Sivaangi came there. She slowly side hugs Mrini and lies down on her shoulder.

Mrini: Ennachu Sivaangi ?

Sivaangi: En Ashwin ivlo adam pudikiraru ? Naa maaten nu sonnen, seri un ishtam nu kochikitu poitaru ....

Mrini: seri nee en maaten nu sonna ?

Sivaangi: enna enakku venaam miii. I am happy being like this, idhellam enakku venaam.

Mrini: Sivaangi, this is not about election. Anna solla varadhu you must not stop yourself due to these useless fears.

Nee stage la perform pannu, pannitu I am not interested in elections nu sollitu vandhudu. Ashwin anna won't stop you then. More than asking you to contest in elections, he wants you to perform without fear on the stage. Puriyudhu la ?

Sivaangi: Naa paada maaten....

Krishna: Sivu, en ipdi pandra ?

Sivaangi: Ennala mudiyadhu please don't force me.

Mrini signs Krishna to be quite and pats her head, "seri Sivaangi un ishtam....."

Sivaangi lifts her head up and whines, "see you are doing the same thing now...."

Mrini: What else can we Sivaangi ? Nee unakku enna thonudho adha pannu, we won't force you...

Sivaangi comes to say something but some guy pushed her from back. She stumbles and Krishna holds her hand, saving her from the fall. Mrini grits her teeth and pushes the guy back with force.

All the students assemble hearing the commotion and the staffs too rushed by then. Vincent smirks at Jashwanth and asks them to continue. The CS HOD, Ashwin and Rakshan were outside the college discussing about the elections so they didn't know the happenings. 

Mrini: How dare you touch her Jashwanth ? Next time this happens you are going to face my wrath.

Jashwanth gets up from the floor, hissing in pain. He tries to grab Sivaangi's hand but before that Krishna punches his face.

Krishna: Run away before I chop off your arms....

Sivaangi hugs Mrini tightly in fear and asked, "miii yaaru avan ?"

Mrini: Sivaangi, relax. Avan oru annoying creature from civil batch. Election la nikka poraan nu nenaikiren adhaan namakitta varaan

Few others from the civil department join him and they start rounding these three. Krishna glares and Mrini rolls her eyes at them, holding Sivaangi safely.

Krishna: En da neenga election la jeikanum nu engala saami nu nenachi suthuringalo ? But sorry your defeat is inevitable.

Another guy comes to slap Krishna but he caught his hand and twists it. That guy yelps in pain.

Krishna: Pesitu irukum podhe kaiya ongura ?

He twists it more and leaves him after a while. That guy yells in pain, "en meleye kai veikira laa nee ? unna summa vida maaten da..."

Krishna laughs, "illa un kaiya vittadhu thappa pochu. Konjam inga vaayen"

That guy takes two steps back. A girl from their gang tries to slap Mrini and pull Sivaangi from her hold. Sivaangi hugs her tightly and cries silently. Mrini pinched the girl's arm and pushes her away.