Chapter 17

"Music is love in search of word."

The sun sets in the west, with the clouds rushing like little fairies, crowding the sky and the sky's colour switches to grey. It felt like the rain might pour any time. The gentle breeze flew and the tree swayed according to it's rhythm. The weather was so warming and soothing which anyone would definitely love.

The cupid walks on the grasses, hoping with his bow and the red arrow intact. His giggles showed that he's going to aim the next arrow on the girl who turned a boring human into a crazy one. The cupid enters the quadrangle with a grinned face and stood at the centre.

The stage was pitch dark. Just one light focused on the lost angel standing on the stage. Her bright yellow top shines just like a sparkle and she stood there with a nervous smile. Her eyes searched for that one pair of eyes, but she couldn't find him.

She almost felt like crying when she found him standing near the pillar with folded arms and a serene smile on his face. His shirt was crumbled a little and his hair was messed up. His serene smile turned into a bright dimpled one, illuminating his charming face.

Her heart ached with overwhelmed feelings as her eyes landed on him. The whole quadrangle was dim as the weather has changed outside. A pleasing chill breeze blew across the quadrangle, shivering them with cold.

Ashwin was gazing at her with his affectionate eyes and her face lit up with smile. Neither he nor she could move their sight even for a nanosecond and they drown in their own world.

The cupid grins in satisfaction, witnessing the two souls suffering from unsaid feelings. Her stomach became an infinite number of knots and she gulps to hide her nervousness. Ashwin understood that she was feeling uneasy and taps his chest on the left, where his heart is, asking her to calm down. She felt relaxed and smiles widely at him. He gestures an 'All the Best' slowly and turns his head to the left and right, sighed in relief as no one noticed him. She chuckles mentally seeing his actions and Ashwin rubs his nape, biting his lips.

All might wonder what's exactly happening at the quadrangle and how these two are leisurely lost in their own space. Moments back when Ashwin heard a background music, he removes his arm covering his face and gets up surprised, to see his paapa getting onto the stage. She takes the mic and was ready to start when a power cut happens all of a sudden in the quadrangle area. Ashwin swiftly gets up and calls the watchman and asks him to check on the reason for power cut. Ten minutes later, the lights slowly come back to life and the quadrangle was bright with a dark weather surrounding it. Ashwin asks the watchman to switch off all the lights of the quadrangle and focus one light on her. The watchman does as he says and Ashwin stood next to the pillar and chuckled softly when he saw her searching for him.

Sivaangi takes a deep breathe and closes her eyes. She convinces herself, "Sivaangi, yaarukaga paadriyo illayo, sing for your friends and thangam, specially your Ashwin. Avarukaaga paadidu di..." She opens her eyes and saw him waiting impatiently to hear her sing.

The cupid takes position and shoots the red arrow, wound with 'roses' and ' red hearts' floating in and around it. It hits right at Sivaangi's heart.

Sivaangi felt something passing through her. Her eyes close to feel the effect and her lips curved into a smile. She opens her eyes and saw his calm face. Her inner self was under his control which chased away her insecurities. She holds the mic gently and signals Mrini to start. Mrini was towards the right of the stage with her keyboard. Krishna came back dejected but felt relaxed after seeing the girls. Sivaangi shifts her gaze to Ashwin and mumbles, "for you !" Ashwin understood the phrase and his face blooms in happiness. A melodious keyboard note begins and all over there, including the cupid get ready to drown in her voice as she starts.....