Chapter 12

"When you see something that is not right, not fair, not just, you have to speak up. You have to say something; you have to do something."
                                    -John Lewis.

The sound alarm disturbs Ashwin's sleep. He groans and gets up to switch off the alarm. The time was half past five. He sighs and saw Rakshan sleeping by covering his face with the duvet. He turns front and saw the women sleeping peacefully.

Ashwin: alarm oruthanuku koodava da kekala...

He chuckles and goes to the restroom to finish his morning chores. He comes back in a while and goes to wake up Sivaangi.

Ashwin: Sivaangi ma wake up....

Sivaangi groans and pulls his hand to her and continues sleeping. Ashwin chuckles and pats her with his other hand. She groans again and pulled his other hand as well. Ashwin laughs and dashes his forehead on hers, "ezhundhiri ma. I should drop you in home, college kelambanum la ma get up...."

Sivaangi opens her eyes in anger and shuts his mouth with her palm, "chumma chumma pesadha pa thookam varudhu...."

Ashwin chuckles and took her hand away, "paapa good morning...."

Sivaangi: illa good night dhaan. I am gonna sleep...

Ashwin: no no time aagudhu paapa. Veetuku poganum la please ma get up....

Sivaangi: thookam thookam ah varudhu ma....

Ashwin: inaiki half day dhaana you can attend the classes come back home and sleep, ippo ezhundhiri ma ....

Sighing, Sivaangi got up and sat with a pouty face. She leans on his shoulder and continues sleeping.

Ashwin chuckles, "heyy idam maari thoonguriya ?"

Sivaangi: aama nalla irukku konja neram pa....

Ashwin nods and lies his head on hers. Rakshan who woke up to the alarm pretended to sleep to see what Ashwin would do.

He peeps out from the duvet and saw Sivaangi leaning on his shoulder and him placing his head on hers.

Rakshan: mangalagarama start aairke. Enna sonnalum seri jodi porutham nalla dhaan ya irukku ...

Saying, he closes his eyes to catch some more sleep.

Sivaangi slept on his shoulder by clutching his arm. Ashwin was lost in the moment and almost fell asleep when he jerks remembering that they have to attend the college.

Ashwin: just uh miss uh illana naamale thoongi irupom....

He pats Sivaangi to wake her up. She whines and holds him tight. He lifts her head from his shoulder, cups her face and blew air on her face. Sivaangi slowly opens her eyes.

Ashwin: please paapa we have to go la ma, vitta naane unna again thoonga vechiduven pola. Common ma ezhundhiri...

Sivaangi giggles and goes to freshen up.

Ashwin: onna ezhupave kashtama irunduchu. Mrini enna na izhuthu pothitu thoongudhu...

He pats Mrini to wake her up and she got up with a jerk hearing a male voice, "yaaruda adhu enga veetla...."

She murmurs in sleep and Ashwin laughs, "hello unga veedu dhaan ana vera veedu. Kanna thorandhu paaru...."

Mrini opens her eyes and saw Ashwin. She realised her surroundings and smiles sheepishly, "Good morning na..."

Ashwin: Good morning ma. Sivaangi vandha odane you freshen up as well. Early morning cab kedaikum nu dhaan nenaikiren. I'll book one and drop you both.