Rebound

*PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS*

It's official. My life sucks.

I caught my boyfriend of five years in our bed with some red headed slut. Was she really worth it? To throw away our whole relationship over some fling? I really hope so, but then again... why would I want to stay with someone who cheated on me?

It fucking hurts. The feeling of heartbreak... Have you been punched in the stomach as a little kid... or maybe as an adult? The queasy feeling in your stomach that makes you nauseous, the hard thumping in your head, the constant feeling that you can't breath unless you take really deep breaths? That's what heart break feels like, but times a thousand... and it feels never ending.

So what am I doing now?

Sitting at an upscale bar downtown. Wearing a satin red dress that fit my body as if I had nothing on. It had thin straps and fell down about mid thigh. I matched it with some red bottom heels that my ex gifted me a while ago. Of course I had to make use of them whether we were together or not. It made me look like the same whore my boyfriend... my ex cheated on me with. I guess that was the look I was going for tonight. I needed a rebound. Someone who could just throw me around and make me forget about this hell of a reality.

I sat by myself drinking a vodka cranberry — double shot of course. I decided to drink until my sorrows drowned away, which was probably going to take forever. Maybe not, I always forget that I'm a light weight.

"Another one?" the bartender asked, setting his hands on the black marbled bar — probably hoping I'd spend more money.

"Yes, please," I begged, shaking my almost empty glass.

The bartender handed me a white squared napkin and set my drink on top of it.

"There you go, miss," he smiled.

I nodded to show my thanks. I continued to sip through my tiny black straw while admiring the alcohol that displayed above the bartending area. Titos, Patron, Makers Mark, Jose Cuervo... all of it sat perfectly. They looked much more appealing as the white LED lights shun from underneath the shelves onto the bottles.

I felt a vibration from my phone and checked what the notification was. It was a text from my ex...

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N)! Where are you right now? Let me make it up to you..."

Ugh. Absolutely not.

I'm lying — I wanted to text him back so badly. One of the hardest things after a break up is letting the person go. I'd look like a fool if I took that good for nothing back. I needed to drink some more, that would get me distracted.

But... he's so incredibly handsome. He has good hair, a good job, comes from a nice family, has good abs, a good di...

No. All that doesn't matter to me. Just keep drinking, (Y/N). Distract yourself...