Past Ties

"(Y/N)

"(Y/N)... I've been calling you for days... I..." Ryder approached me and pulled me in for a hug. "I was worried about you... I thought something bad happen to you."

I was taken off guard, I wasn't expecting to see my ex at a grocery store that wasn't even close to his apartment. I wasn't expecting to see him at all... after everything that happened.

Ryder pulled away and shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, where have you been? I've been missing you like crazy..." Ryder said as he joined his hands with mine.

His touch sent chills up my body.

I looked down at our hands in despair. I missed this feeling... so much.

I looked back at Ryder. My lips started trembling. There was so much I wanted to say, so much I wanted to ask, but I didn't know what to say first. My mind was spinning. I felt sweat trickling from my forehead, my palms began to get sweaty.

"(Y/N)... you okay?" he asked, holding onto my hands tightly. Trying to look into my eyes to see if I was lying or not.

"I'm... um. I-"

All sorts of flashbacks were popping into my brain. Like the first time we met...

———

"Fuck, I'm late!" I yelled out as I ran through the empty halls. I held my textbooks closely to my chest and started running.

Little brothers suck. I woke up to Keith laughing in my face. He thought it was so funny to turn off my alarm this morning so that I wouldn't wake up for school on time. Today wasn't the day to mess with me, I had finals to attend to! I swear if something else goes wrong today, I think I'm going to scream.

I turned the corner to the next hall and immediately ran into someone. Our bodies slammed against each other with a slight recoil. My books fell everywhere, along with his opened water bottle falling on top of them.

I grunted and took a breath. I bent down and aggressively started stacking up my wet books.

"How about you watch where you're going next time?" I scoffed.

The guy bent down and frantically started trying to help me.

"I'm so sorry! I should have left my water bottle closed," he apologized.

"It's fine. Just forget it," I said trying to dry off my wet books with the ends of my sweater.

The guy swiftly grabbed on to my hands.

"Please forgive me... uh, what's your name?" he asked.

My face felt hot. Was my forgiveness that important to him? I finally looked up at him.