The Trip

"T-Trip?" my voice shook

"Hallucinations. Just stay calm and we'll take care of this," Loid whispered.

It's barely been five minutes and something has already gone wrong. I've never taken drugs in my life, I didn't know how to prepare for this so called trip.

"Come sit with us," Tiffany said as she sat on the floor in a circle with a couple of other people, including Robert.

We looked stupid just standing here, I led the way over to them and stepped over a bunch of college kids smoking weed, snorting cocaine, and well... passed out, or at least out of it to where they weren't even moving. It was disturbing to see. It was sad honestly.

We sat on the ground with them and began making small talk for a bit, trying to fit in with everyone. It was working so well. They seemed to be very open with us.

The thirty minute mark passed. However, I didn't feel any different than when I first got here. Maybe I won't get affected at all.

Tiffany and Robert then suggested that we go hang out downstairs where the music was at. Of course we agreed, it was best to stay with them at all times so Loid and I could make our move on them. It was essential that we actually make progress tonight. Keith can be planning something this very second, which is why he needs to be stopped.

Franky stood up and I quickly stood up after him... and that's when it hit me.

I wobbled a little, trying to keep my balance and took a deep breath while blinking hard a couple of times. My legs were starting to feel heavy, and my body began to shake.

Fuck.

"Loid, I-I don't feel so good," I said softly so that nobody would hear me.

Loid didn't answer me.

I turned around to see Loid sitting on the ground with his knees bent towards his chest. His under eyes were red, and his body grew pale. His whole body was shaking.

"Oh great, not you too," Franky said in annoyance, kneeling towards Loid.

"I-I don't know why my body's.... having a reaction... to this," Loid stuttered.

"Looks like we'll have to figure it out later, let's get you guys somewhere else," Franky said frantically. "Loid can you stand?"

Loid nodded his head and forced his body to stand up while his body shook with every slight movement.

"You guys coming?" Robert said, coming to check up on us.

"Yeah, they're still in training," Franky scoffed nonchalantly. "You got anywhere they can relax for a bit?"

"Yeah," Robert laughed. "Sorry, my buddy at the door handed out some of our strongest shit. They'll definitely feel it if it's not something they're used to."