Resentment

"I'm sorry for last night, (Y/N)

"I'm sorry for last night, (Y/N). I didn't mean to upset you," Loid said as he stood by my door.

I was still laying in bed. It was pretty early and I was still kind of tired.

"It's fine, Loid. I'm over it..." I said in a sleepy voice.

"Breakfast is on the table... I'll be back later tonight," Loid said.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes again, snuggling my blankets.

Loid began to close the door.

"Loid..." I said, stopping him.

"Yes?" he asked, still being visible through the cracked door.

"Thank you... for my phone," I said.

Loid smiled and nodded his head. He closed my door and went on his way.

As soon as I heard the front door lock I shot out of bed and started getting ready for the day. I chose to wear a yellow sundress and put on some light makeup. It wasn't anything special, but I wanted to feel a little put together.

Ryder was coming by to see me today... I was... excited. I couldn't wait to see him. I wondered if I needed to set boundaries for today. Surely he would try something on me, but I couldn't let anything actually follow through. We're supposed to just talk. Anything other than talking would just defeat the purpose of wanting closure for myself. But sometimes sex could mean nothing and I was down for that.

Ugh, no. No sex. I know myself too well, feelings would overpower me.

After waiting around for a couple of hours, the doorbell finally rang.

I pranced over to the door and fixed my hair up. I took a deep breath and casually opened the door. It was Ryder.

"(Y/N)..." he smiled nervously.

"Ryder..." I mimicked. "Come in."

Ryder let himself in. I could see his eyes looking all over the place. He went ahead and took a seat on the couch and I sat next to him, a little distant from him.

"Nice place you got here," Ryder said, tapping his hands on his lap awkwardly.

"Thanks," I shrugged. This isn't even my place really, it's Loid's.

Ryder took a deep breath and turned his body towards my direction, making me feel forced to do the same. He looked depressed, almost frowning. Looking down the whole time.

It was silent for quite a while.

"You wanted to talk to me...?" I asked softly.

Ryder rested his hand on my thigh and finally looked up at me. He scooted an inch closer.

I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. I could feel my body temperature rising. I had to slow down my breathing in a subtle way. I couldn't handle this, and all he's done so far was put his hand on my thigh. Geez, I need to calm down.