The Talk

My heart dropped when I heard that name

Yor.

That's impossible. The only Yor I have ever heard of... is dead.

I was speechless. I was definitely seeing her ghost. Did she die in this exact room?!

"I'm sure you've heard about me... or not. Loid tends to keep secrets around girls like us," Yor said, pulling away her golden stiletto weapon from my neck and poking around the sharp edge with her finger, making sure it was to her liking.

"Like us...?" I trembled.

"Well... his wives of course," Yor winked.

That's right... if Yor is still alive then that means they're technically still married...

I couldn't help but stare at her. She was so beautiful, yet so scary and intimidating with her long black hair and crimson eyes. I don't think I could ever compare...

I started to feel a little... jealous. What if he found out she were still alive? Would he just drop me? Kill me...?

"Get out of your head. We need to talk," Yor said sternly, noticing that I was deep in thought.

This still wasn't making any sense to me. What if this was just some random stalker pretending to be Yor or something?

"Prove it to me," I said. "And get off of me. I'm not even in the right state to try and defend myself, so you sitting on me and restricting my breathing is making things worse."

"Prove what to you?" Yor scoffed, finally hopping off of me and sitting next to my weak body on the bed.

"Prove to me that you're actually Yor. Loid said he killed you... why would he lie?" I said defensively.

"Because that's what he does. He lies to get what he wants. Let me guess... did he tell you that you were too good for him? That he can't allow himself to love someone as special as you?" Yor said.

"No, he hasn't. None of that proves who you are," I said, rolling my eyes.

Yor pulled down her neck strap that was connected to her black dress, revealing a red scar around her neck.

"W-What's that...?" I asked, disturbed at the sight of her wound.

"It's from Loid. When his attempt to kill me failed. Did he ever tell you how he did it?" Yor asked.

"No..." I said shyly.

"Thought so. I'm done proving myself to you, I didn't come here for that. I came to ask for your help," Yor said.

I slowly sat myself up.

"Help? With what...?"

———