The Plan

Loid and I sat at the kitchen table

Loid and I sat at the kitchen table. We sat in silence for a long time. I took this time to examine his apartment. It was pretty decent. It contained tan hardwood floors, walls that had a dark brown half paneling with an eccentric leaf shape outlined wallpaper on the other top half. A living room that contained a rug with another eccentric design and a light blue outside lining. A black sofa with two black chairs on each side and a dark wooden coffee table in the middle. To compliment the living room, a large dark green curtain was hung over the full sized window and a large leafy plant stood by the tv. The kitchen table we sat at was also a dark wood with four wooden chairs. To our left was a white paneled wall with an opening in the middle that revealed the kitchen. It was a pretty small kitchen. It contained a gas stove and counter space on one side and a sink on the other side where the kitchen and living room were revealed. In the middle sat a lime green fridge.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting his place to look like this. There was nothing wrong with it. It was very normal. However, I expected his apartment to look more... expensive. The limo was a complete deception. This whole thing has been a complete deception. Not that it really matters anymore...

This situation was really weird. This man just took me from a random bar and stored me in a random basement, which I still have no idea where that basement actually is. Yet, here we are. Sitting in his kitchen table across from each other. Staring around awkwardly, not knowing what else to say. Although I'm still very iffy of him, I think I've made the right decision to help him. I still don't trust him though. I'll be out as soon as this is over. I have to get to the bottom of this. What was my brother up to?

"Loid... who are you?" I asked, giving him a good stare with my elbows on the table and resting my chin on my knuckles.

"I'm Loid?" he said, seeming very confused with what I just asked.

No shit.

"No... who are you? What do you do? At least tell me some things about yourself," I said as I continued to stare at him with curiosity.

Loid sighed and finally took the initiative to look back at me, "I suppose I should tell you some important information since we'll be basically working together."

Loid stood up and headed for the kitchen. He came back and passed me a cup of hot coffee. Loid sat back down and took a sip of his coffee. It seemed to relax him. His shoulders didn't look so tense anymore.

"For starters, my name isn't actually Loid. However, that's what you'll call me and know me by. I'm an intelligence agent for the government. An easier term, a spy. My mission is to catch Keith Kepler and turn him in. You were the first person to show up on his list of relationships. Figuring that we were around the same age, I'd knew you'd be an easy target," he said while taking another sip of his coffee.

"Well, you've caught me," I chuckled sarcastically.

I can't believe I made myself so targetable... I even said from the start to not sound so desperate. Look where that got me...