The Mission

— Loid's POV —

Loid's POV

"Okay, Franky. What did you want to talk to me about?" I sighed as I watched (Y/N) lay peacefully on the bed of the emergency room.

I still couldn't conjure up an idea of why she fainted. I really hope she's okay... I just want her to be happy. I want her to feel relief. I feel like everything that's been happening around us has just been preventing that... and it pissed me the fuck off.

"So that guy you mentioned... I have a lead on him," Franky said as he pulled out his phone.

"Go on," I said intriguingly as I crossed my arms and stared at (Y/N)... I was so worried about her.

"So... it turns out he's been coming to this side of town often. It seems he's been in contact with that one woman you mentioned so I was able to get into some of her messages and figured out he's been using a burner phone, which is why we can't track him. I can't remember what you said her name was to be honest," Franky said as he scratched the side of his head.

"Doesn't matter. Anyways, let's find out the next time he'll be at her place and I'll do the rest," I said, still gazing at (Y/N).

"Sounds good. I'll go ahead and hang out around the woman's place for a couple of days and let you know when he's there," Franky said.

"Thank you," I said to Franky.

Finally, some good news for once...

I saw (Y/N) start to move her body a little and I raced towards her side, tightly holding her hand.

"Call the nurse," I frantically told Franky.

Franky nodded and rushed out the room, shortly coming back in the room with the nurse.

(Y/N) finally opened her eyes as Franky and I stood on each side of her.

"Oh good, you're awake!" the nurse said as she went to check (Y/N)'s forehead for a fever.

(Y/N) looked pretty confused. She looked around the whole room, I'm sure the emergency room was the least expected place she thought she'd wake up to.

"W-What happened?" (Y/N) asked softly as the nurse touched her head.

"You fainted," I said as I touched her shoulder, rubbing it to try and comfort her as much as I can.

"I-I did? Why?" (Y/N) said shakily, looking up towards the nurse.

"Your blood pressure was pretty high, so we're thinking it's just from stress and anxiety. Have you been feeling that lately?" the nurse asked as she wrote stuff down on her clipboard.