Chapter 9 WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ALPHA?

Today marks the fifth day since he had her to the healer. She still hadn't opened her eyes even once.

Lucious had been with her throughout the first two days, refusing to leave her side even for a minute.

Raphael had finally gotten him to leave as he had lots of work to do.

Reluctantly, Lucious left the healer's house and came back. He still went there every night to checkup on the rogue.

Lucious spent these last few days asking himself why he suddenly felt that way towards her.

What was this feeling he felt when ever he looked at her?

Why couldn't he take his eyes off of her?
Why did that rogue girl affect him so much?

He had so many questions but he couldn't find even an answer to anyone of them.
He hated himself for inflicting so much pain on her.

Lucious yelled in frustration as he banged his hands on the table before him. A huge hole was formed as he fists connected on the table.

" Dammit!!" He cursed as he saw the damage he had done.

Lucious groaned in frustration as he ran his hands through his hair.

He was certainly going mad.

A knock landed on the door as the person entered without waiting for an reply.

Lucious knew who it was even before he had knocked.
Raphael walked into the Alpha's office , holding a stack of paperwork as he grumbled something.

" Alpha I've been..." He stopped midway as he saw what the Alpha had done.
Ignoring it, he walked towards the  table to drop the files in his hands.

" I've been trying to reach you since morning Alpha. Why did you block the mind–link?" Raphael shook his head as he arranged some papers on the table.

" Seems like you need a stronger table" He commented as he frowned,  looking at the huge hole Lucious' fists had made on the table.

Raphael wasn't surprised as he saw this. His Alpha had been a wreckage since the day he had injured that rogue girl. He went about breaking and destroying things in his path. He snapped at everyone at the slightest mistake.

His mood had been sour ever since and all the pack members had avoided their Alpha like a plague.

They knew better than to get in the path of an angry Alpha..

" What do you want?!" Lucious growled as he sat back down on his chair. His mind was a complete mess right now as he wasn't able to think properly.
He rested his head on the chair as he closed his eyes waiting for his Beta to speak.

" Well I've been trying to reach you since morning. Dayna had sent a message saying the rogue girl finally woke up" Raphael reported as Lucious' eyes flew open immediately.

" What did..you say?" He asked again to be sure he wasn't hearing things.

" The girl is aww.." Raphael barely completed his sentence when Lucious rushed passed him as he headed outside.

" Alpha..wait..!" He tried to call out but the Alpha had already gotten into the elevator as he headed down.

Raphael shook his head.
He didn't even allow him to finish his report before he dashed out.

" Oh well... He'll find out by himself either way" He shrugged as he continued what he was doing.

================

Lucious didn't know what came over him as he exited the pack house and rushed towards the healer's house which was at the end of the pack village.

His people all looked at him weirdly as he walked , sprinting occasionally every now and then.

" What happened to the Alpha?" A man asked

" Is he okay?"

"He's been behaving quite weirdly these past few days" Another added.

" Mummy? Has the Alpha gone mad? " A small girl asked earning a gasp of horror from the Mother.
She closed her daughter's mouth immediately , praying the Alpha hadn't heard a single word.

Lucious couldn't care less as he walked pass them. Ignoring the small talks, he increased his pace as Dayna's house came into view.

Only she was on his mind right now.

He didn't know if he felt excited or relived as he arrived at Dayna's house. He didn't bother knocking as he walked in straight, heading towards the one place he knew he would find her.

And there she was, looking up at Dayna who frowned her face as she talked to the younger girl.

The rogue's eyes were filled with fear as she shook her head, refusing to listen to whatever it was Dayna was telling her.

As if she could feel his presence, her eyes shifted to meet his.

Lucious stopped walking as he felt awkward.

He didn't know what he would even say if he does reach her.

Haven's eyes suddenly opened wide in fear as she shook her head furiously. She tried to say something but no words came out.

She immediately tried to move backwards, her back leaning on the head of the bed. Her eyes were wide with fear as Lucious slowly approached.

Lucious' felt as though his heart was breaking as he saw that look in her eyes. He walked until he reached the bed.

=================

Haven visibly shaken after remembering the pain she had to go through. She remembered those lifeless red eyes staring back at her as she gasped desperately for air.

Her throat burned as she thought of how she felt at that moment.
The woman before her wasn't helping matters as she kept mentioning the Alpha, scaring her even further.

Haven shook her head repeatedly trying to tell the woman to keep quiet. She didn't want to hear anything concerning him.

She suddenly stopped as her eyes darted to the door . Haven's breath got caught up in her throat as she saw him.

The man who had caused all this.

The man who had tried to take her own life.

Haven suddenly felt the fear slowly creeping over her body as he moved closer.

She tried to yell, to tell him to stop but she couldn't . She couldn't even find her own voice.

Haven stared at him, eyes wide with horror as he approached her. She moved backwards, trying to put as much distance as she could between them but her back hit the head of the bend.

She had no where else to go. Her breathing turned erratic as she felt a lump form in her throat. Her chest suddenly rose and fell occasionally as she felt it.

She felt it again, that fear as she couldn't breathe.

Her eyes slowly rolled to the back of her head as everything went pitch black.

==============

Lucious' eye were wide with horror as he saw the rogue's eye roll to the back of her head. Her body fell to the side as he rushed to catch it.

Once again Haven falls into the Alpha's arms.

" I thought you said she was fine?!" Lucious growled at the healer.

" Well.. Well yes Alpha...but she seems a little bit scared for some reason." Dayna managed to stutter.

The Alpha was known for his cruelty and viciousness. She didn't want to lose her head so she didn't want to offend him in the slightest.

" And...she's lost her voice" Dayna added quietly.

Lucious eye narrowed  as  he heard this.

" What ??!"