Chapter 38 MASK PARTY?

Haven breathed in and out as she felt the elevator going down stairs. She replayed her plans over and over again.  Haven was excited, she couldn't wait to leave this place.

Where would she go? She still doesn't know but anywhere far away from that man is good enough for her.

Haven stepped out of the elevator , people's chatters and loud music reaching her ears when another  man's voice called out to her.

" Ma'am your mask please?" A man asked her as she attempted walking inside the ball room

Even from this distance, Haven could very well see almost everyone wearing a face mask. 

" Is it a mask party?" She asked seeing the man offer her  a mask. The man nodded , " No one's allowed in here without a mask" 

Haven frowned but still went over to him to take a mask. It was good they offered free masks here, otherwise Haven had no idea where she'd find one.

Haven looked around the different coloured masks . Her eyes landed on a particular one silver mask. This one was more of an eye mask rather than face mask. The silver mask had small glistening stones , lined around it to give the mask more detail. A white feather was then placed at one side of the mask.

Haven decided to pick that one, silver was always her favorite color. Haven placed the eye mask on her face, no one would know she was the one.

Well except for her hair. Haven knew she would probably be the only one with silver hair at this party. Walking through the crowd, Haven could already feel the eyes staring at her. 

" Wow! Who's that?" A girl said looking Haven up and down.

" She looks beautiful" Another one commented.

" No she's not, it's just the gown" Another one hissed.

" Hey look, she's just walking alone feeling like she's better than all of us" Another one said with contempt.

" She must be ugly, I wonder what she thinks of herself" Jealousy was evident everywhere as Haven walked by.

Haven simply ignored them, she wasn't in the mood to listen to their nonsense. Besides, if she does stay to give them a piece of her mind, Haven knew she would attract a lot of attention to herself. And that was the least thing Haven really needed right now.

'Calm down Haven, just ignore them" She breathe in and out, trying to calm herself down. She had her plan laid out already, she'll just come here, see what happens in a Moon Ball and quickly disappear when the Moon Ball was at it's peak. By that time everyone's minds will be so occupied , no one will even notice her running away.

Yes, that's just perfect.

She just had to wait for two more hours, then she can finally regain her freedom. Haven smirked as she imagined how that digusting Alpha would react when he found out she had escaped. Haven really wished she could see his face. Too bad she had to leave.

She sighed.

" Just two more hours and everything will be fine"

============

Tristan stood by a bar, sipping his drink slowly. He still had to meet the Supreme Alpha after all this was over. He gulped down the remaining of his drink, his uninterested eyes scanning the party before him. 

He could see most of the newly –found–mates, acting all lovey and dovey on the dance floor.  Several weres had already found their mates here. 

Tristan sighed , he too would have most definitely been here, laughing and smiling with the love of his life..... 

" Come on Tristan, It's time for the dance" Mika half yelled exitedly. It was finally time for all the Alpha and Beta bloods to dance. The huge dance floor was immediately cleared as Alpha's led their Luna's to the dance floor. The beta's and all others joined them.

Tristan frowned.

Oh great! He had forgotten his 'mate was here with him already'

His eyes darted towards Mika "  And who told I'm interested in dancing with you?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

Mika's eyes darkened hearing what her mate had just said.

" What are you talking about Tristan?" She looked around to see if anyone heard him. Luckily, everyone's attention was already on the dance floor. Mika turned around to face him.

Mika had been waiting for this opportunity all night. This was a chance for her and Tristan to spend some time together. She had already pictured them dancing,  with him holding her by the waist.

It's been a very long time since he had come in contact with her. Mika had thought this would be her chance so what the hell is he talking about?!

" I mean, I'm not interested in standing next to you Mika, let alone dancing with you" He said looking at her. Mika could see the disgust visible in his eyes as he said that. Mika felt a small pain in her heart looking at Tristan, but she didn't let that show in front of me.

Mika rolled her eyes , stepping closer to Tristan. They were in public so she knew he wouldn't avoid her. She leaned in to whisper something in his ears.

" Don't forget we're outside Tristan and you cannot reject me in front of all these people... Remember? " She grinned.

" I'm your lovely mate, your Luna and we're so in love with each other. We at least have to pretend to be happy with each other, otherwise, what will the others think?" 

" To heck with.." Tristan began saying but one of Mika's fingers landed on his lips.

" Shushhhhh..." She shushed him smiling. " Stop all these and quietly come with me, okay love? " She drew back to look into his green eyes. She smiled seeing Tristan gritting his teeth. She knew she had shut him up.

Mika smirked , locking her hands with his as she led him to the dance floor.