Chapter 26 THE WOMAN FROM LAST NIGHT

It was morning when Haven finally opened her eyes again. She found herself in another room, much different from the one she was locked in before.

This one was a little smaller than the former but it had the touch of home to it. Lovely brown curtains covered the windows, allowing just enough light to enter the room. The bed was smaller and looked as if it was meant for one person only. Everything in here felt like home.

Haven sighed heavily, she wanted to laugh at herself right now. She was an Alpha so how could she become this weak? Haven could count the number of times she's passed out since she arrived in this stupid pack.

Her dad would really be disappointed if he saw her in this state right now. She was never the weak one.

Haven let out another sigh as she made to get up from the cozy bed. A small groan escaped her lips reminding her of the injury on her arm.

Haven looked down and frowned, seeing the bandage neatly wrapped around her left arm.

Why would they tie a bandage around her arm? She didn't need it! She isn't that weak to need their help. She's powerful enough to heal herself without these people help.

Haven angrily tried to remove the bandage but it only caused her to grit her teeth in pain.

Haven clenched her fists. The more pain she felt, the more her hatred for that ruthless man deepened. Haven hated him with so much passion, she'd really kill him if she got the chance.

Everything happening to her was all because of him.

It was all his fault! That man had snatched her freedom away from her —  as if that was not enough, he tried to kill her and he also took her voice away from her.

Now, he's left her with nothing but a broken arm.

Haven reached out once more as she tried to remove the bandage on her arm when a knock suddenly came on the door.

The door was opened a liitle and Haven saw a pretty woman peeped her head into the room.

" You're awake so soon? " The woman asked, opening the door wide as she stepped into the room.

Haven saw her extremely big stomach as the pretty woman walked towards her. Haven recognized her as the woman from last night.

" How are you feeling?" She asked as she sat on the bed beside her,  making Haven frown a little.

" It's okay " Alena chuckled seeing the girl's reaction " I won't hurt you".

Alena finally had the chance to see the rogue before her.

' She's really beautiful ' Alena thought looking at the girl before her.

Her beautiful almond blue eyes stared back at her, a little frown on her face. What captivated Alena the most, was the rogue's platinum silver hair which flowed down her shoulders.  Alena has never seen this type of hair before. It was simply unique!

The girl before her was just an epitome of beauty.

" I'm Alena, what's your name?" She introduced herself. The girl just sat there, staring blankly at her.

" You don't wanna talk?" Alena asked confused. The rogue still didn't reply her, making Alena more confused than she already was.

' What is wrong with her?' Alena wondered.

' She can't talk' her mate's annoyed voice sounded in her mind.

' What do you mean?' She asked confused.
' She lost her voice so she won't be able to answer you, just get out of there. I don't want that filthy rogue's scent all over you."

" Ohhh" Alena's mouth formed an 'O'. She looked at the rogue apologetically as she mouthed a small "sorry".

==========

" I'm Alena, what's your name?" Haven heard the pretty lady ask.

' Is she really mocking me right now?' Haven thought frowning at the woman who looked a few years older than her.

" You don't wanna talk? " Confusion was written all over her face.

' How will I talk when I don't even have a voice? Are you kidding me right now?'

Haven looked at the woman before her in annoyance. What does she want from me now?

The woman's eyes were hazy for a while as she spaced out. Haven could tell she was communicating with someone through mind–link.

Haven noticed the change in her reaction as she looked at her in surprise.

" Sorry" She apologized and Haven couldn't help the little smile that made it way to her face.

==============

" Why are you doing this? " Raphael frowned looking at his mate who was busy cooking.

They were currently at the kitchen —  trying to cook something for the filthy rogue. After his mate had come out of the rogue's room, she had insisted to make something for her and Raphael just couldn't refuse.

Raphael couldn't understand why his mate is being so stubborn about the rogue.

" What do you mean? " She asked turning the food " Pass me those" She pointed to a plate of chopped mushrooms on the kitchen table.

Raphael handed the plate over to her and watched her pour it into the soup she was making. She poured some more ingredients and finally added some drops of vinegar.

" Why are you doing this Alena ? Why are you making that filthy rogue stay here with us?"

" She's injured Raph, she's broken her arm and the poor thing doesn't have anyone to care for her. I don't care, till she gets better, she will be staying here with us " The smell of delicious food slowly filled up the entire kitchen.

Alena was a very good cook. Everything made by her tasted absolutely delicious. Raphael frowned as he noticed what she was making do breakfast.

" You very well know how much I hate rogues. That filthy rogue is the reason my sister's locked up!"

" Ashley was at fault Raph, and you very well know that. Don't blame the innocent girl " Alena rolled her eyes.

Of course he knew,  but Ashley was still his sister after all.

" Did Lucious say anything more?"  Alena turned off the stove and walked over to the cabinet to grab some bowls.  Raphael shook his head to indicate ' No'.

He hadn't heard from the Alpha since last night.

" I wonder how he must be feeling right now" Alena shrugged her shoulders as she dished out the food.