Chapter16 THE CHILD'S FATHER

Dayna sat down patiently beside the rogue girl , her eyes closed as she examined her.

Lucious stood just a few feet from her, giving her enough room to examine the girl, but not too far to keep him away from the rogue.

Dayna's brows were pulled into a frown, a sign that she was deep in concentration.

The healer's eyes flew open as she felt it.

Narrowing her eyes, she looked at the rogue girl again, deep in concentration.

She could still feel it.

Dayna had been suspecting something was amiss with the rogue girl.

Something had most definitely gone wrong with her.

And now, she was absolutely right.

Turning to face the already worried Alpha, she told him what she had discovered.

"Alpha, well the girl is not fine at all"

Lucious' eyes turned a few shades darker as he heard this.

" What the hell do you mean by she's not okay?" He hollered.

Dayna patiently waited for him to calm down before she continued what she was saying.

" Alpha, the rogue's wolf is her weakest state right now, she's emotionally unstable. That's why her human side is so weak and tired, she couldn't handle that much pain"

" She is not spiritually stable at this moment, so she needs all the help she could get....or else..." She draws her last words.

Lucious blinked as he tried to digest what the pack healer had just said.

A weak wolf?

As a shifter, a weak wolf was just akin to a person on the verge of death.

A wolf was just like the shifter's soul.

So losing your wolf simply meant losing your soul.

And losing your soul simply meant one thing ;

Death.

Just the mere thought of the rogue girl dying was enough to drive the Alpha crazy.

Lucious looked over at the young girl who was still unconscious on the bed.

" Listen to me very, very carefully Dayna..." The Alpha started.

" I swear, if anything happens to her, I'll most definitely have your head" His steel tone made Dayna involuntarily gasp.

She subconsciously touched her neck as she gulped down, looking at the Alpha in fear.

" Ye... Yes...yes Alpha" She managed to stutter as she nodded her head several times.

=============

Alena paced back and forth in the living room as she repeatedly glanced at the elevator.

'Where the hell is he?' Her wolf had been restless all night.

Her mate hadn't returned ever since he had rushed out of the house last night.

She had been trying to mind–link him but she couldn't seem to get through.

Alena comforted her worried self as she tells herself he probably went out because of some urgent work

Alena's worries had increased drastically when morning came and Raphael was still no where to be found .

Where the hell was her mate?!!

Raphael had made his mate to never step out of their house ever since he found out about her pregnancy.

He didn't want her to stress or worry in her current condition.

On the rare occasion she went out, he was always there right beside her.

Now she had no other option.

She already made up her mind. If Raphael doesn't return back after an hour, she'll most definitely go out to find him.

Alena paced about some more.

She was on the verge of tears when suddenly she heard the elevator door open.

She turns around just in time to see a disheveled looking Raphael,  stepping lazily out of the elevator as he walked lifelessly into the house.

" Raph!!!!!" Alena gasped as she saw her mate.

She ran over to him, crashing into his arms as she hugged him.

Relief washed over Alena as she sees her mate arrive safe and sound.

She stayed like that for some more seconds before she let go and looked up at her mate.

" Raph? Where the hell have you been Raph? Do you have any idea how worried i was about you? Why did you run out like that last night?" She bombarded him with tons of questions as she held him.

Seeing Raphael not reply her makes her even more worried.

" What happened?!" She asked in tears as she grabbed  her mate by the arm, forcing Raphael to look at her.

He looked as if he was going to collapse any moment.

Raphael stared mindlessly at his mate as he sees her in tears.

He didn't even know what to say as he stood there.

Alena was still talking when suddenly , Raphael enveloped her in a hug.

She was caught off guard by this sudden move.

" Raphael? " She called out his full name softly. Alena hardly called him by that name, so to hear her say it really meant something was wrong.

She heard him sniffled a little as he opened his mouth to talk, his voice coming out cracked.

" Ash.. Ashley.." He mumbled the name over and over again.

Alena furrowed her brows in confusion. She hadn't remembered seeing Ashley at all.

" What happened to her?" She asked, some what afraid to hear what he would say next.

" She tried to kill the rogue" Raphael finally said as a gasp of horror escaped Alena's lips.

=============

Natasha is horrified after finding out she really is pregnant.

She paces up and down as she thought of what to do next.

Natasha had never planned to be a mother at this age, she never wanted to get pregnant so how could this happen?

It's been almost a week now since she's left her former pack.

Female shifters had a gestation period completely different from the normal human pregnancy.

They deliver their pups just after the fifth months of pregnancy.

In just three days, a female shifter starts to feel the changes in her body

So after a complete week, the pregnancy bump starts showing.

Natasha finally sits down as she cracks her brain.

Who could the child's father be?

She was sure Roel always pulled out...so the father of this child could only be....

Lucious?!!