Chapter 10 COULD IT BE ?

" What do you mean by you can't find her?" He growled at the warriors in front of him who all had their heads bowed.

" Alpha, we had searched the whole forest. We couldn't find a single trace of her. They was no scent too" A warrior said earning a snarl from the Alpha.

" Do you want to tell me she just disappeared into thin air? Is Haven some sort of magician or something?" Tristan growled angrily at them.

" Find her, else I'd have all of your heads!!" He banged the table before him.
Warriors shuddered as they head this. Their Alpha was certainly going berserk.

=============

" So you're telling me she has lost her voice?!" Lucious asked, shocked at what Dayna had just told him.

"Yes Alpha, Her vocals has really been damaged and her being scared only made matters worst. I don't know if she'll ever get her voice back again" Dayna replied her eyes on the girl who was sleeping peacefully on the bed.

' Poor girl' Dayna thought.

Lucious stood there in silence as he too looked over at the rogue girl who was sleeping now. He just couldn't believe it.

How can this happen?

Lucious felt like slapping himself for causing such pain to her. It was all his fault she lost her voice.

He sighed as he nodded to Dayna, dismissing her from the room.

Lucious sat down on a stool beside the girl as he stared at her.

His hands mindlessly moved, reaching out to remove the baby hairs which had gotten stuck to her forehead.
Using his palm, he cleaned off the sweat which was visible on her forehead.

Lucious felt horrible, really horrible as he sat there, his eyes still on her.

=============

Alena was sitting down on the couch, chewing some weird nuts as her eyes concentrated on some paper before her. She scribbled down some words once in a while as she continued chewing her nuts. The TV was on, a show she wasn't interested in watching was on.

She was almost done with her nuts  when Raphael entered.

'Right about time' She said to herself as she looked at her mate.

She didn't smell him coming because of her pregnancy. It messes with most of her senses these days.
Alena smiled at Raphael, gesturing for him to come closer.
Raphael smiled back as he walked over to his mate. He gave her a kiss quickly on her cheeks before he sat down heavily on the space beside her.
He sighed in exhaustion causing Alena to giggle a bit as she dropped the bowl of nuts on a table beside her.
She snuggled closer to her mate as he wrapped his hands around her, both if them relishing the warmth. She felt the small spark that erupted when their bodies came into contact.
That was one of the perks of the mate bond. Whenever your skin came in contact with your fated mate's, small sparks erupted from just the slightest touch.

Alena puts her head on Raphael chest as she closed her eyes, breathing in his scent. She loved the comfort it brought her.

She had missed him so much.

" I missed you" She said in a muffled voice, her eyes still closed.

Raphael smiled as he heard this. He loved the way his mate became too clingy these days, all thanks to the pregnancy.

He hugged her pulling her closer as he put his chin on her head, relishing her sweet scent. He hummed in contentment. He does felt much better after coming home.

" What's wrong?" She asked as she could feel something was disturbing her mate.

Raphael let out another sigh as he played with his mate's blonde hair.

" It's the Alpha, I'm really worried about him these days" Raphael answered making Alena to raise her head as she looked at him.

" Is it still about that rogue girl?" She asked and Raphael nodded his head.

" He's been acting so strange ever since. He's completely changed " Raphael added.

" I think he's becoming obsessed with the filthy rogue" He said. His voice couldn't hide the disgust he felt for the rogue girl.

Alena didn't say anything as she put her head back on her mate's chest.

She too couldn't understand why the Alpha was suddenly behaving this way.

She laid there thinking quietly for a  while before her brows suddenly turned into a frown.

'No ...it can't be...'

'Could it?' She asked herself as her eyes widened in horror.

A realization dawned on her as she refused to believe it.

Raphael felt his mate's body tense up a bit causing him to looked down at her.

" Alena? Are you okay?" He asked frowning as he tried to sat up. He gently pushed Alena off his chest as he helped her sit down to face him.

" What's wrong? Are you in any kind of pain??" He asked as he began to panic.

She shook her head indicating she was fine as Raphael breathed a sigh of relief.

" Then if you're not in pain what's wrong?" He asked his brows furrowed.

Alena sat there looking at her mate debating whether to tell him or not.
She might be wrong but it could also be the reason why he had been behaving so awkward these days.

But what if she's right?

" Raph...? She called out as she looked at him curiously.

" Yes darling?" He answered waiting for her to talk.

" Could it be?"

" Could the rogue girl be the Alpha's fated mate ? She asked incredously.