23 | scouted

Yeonjun let himself into my room when he came by, as I pushed him out the room, half naked.

"Yeonjun learn to bloody knock! I know you have keys but you don't have to barge in!" I yelled, cursing at him as I slipped my sweater on.
"Oh you love it." He drawled, pulling the door open again, this time frowning.
"Aw I expected to see your stomach again-"
"Yeonjun ever say that again and I will suffocate you." I grumbled.
"Try me." He smirked, as I threw a pillow at him.

He caught it, chasing me into my room as I ran out, him following after me in the corridor.
He managed to tackle me to the floor, pinning me down as we breathed heavily in exhaustion.
"Dude get off you're killing me." I whispered, as he smirked and rolled off, letting me stand up.

"Don't we have your training to go to? Like the mega super important one?" I asked, as Yeonjun grumbled.
"Yeah, yeah, I suppose I do."

I punched him lightly. "You need to be more serious about your training if you want to debut, dude."
Yeonjun frowned, before he smiled.

"Sure, yeah, you're right. Let's go!" He grinned, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door, barely giving me a second to lock it behind me.

It didn't take long until we made it to the company, Yeonjun getting me a visitor tag as he held onto my hand the full way through the company.
"Yeonjun if people find out about your possible debut and see this you are TOAST!" I mumbled, trying to pull away as he held my hand tighter.

"I don't care. If I do manage to debut, we're staying friends and nothing can change that." He smiled, opening a door to a dance practice room.

Beomgyu was already there, headphones in, before he unplugged them, looking up.

"Yeonjun you are ridiculously stubborn." I whispered, stepping away.
"I hope it's okay that I came today. If it's not I can go..?" I asked Beomgyu, but he shook his head.

"No it's fine, Y/N isn't it? A third opinion always helps. And anyway, you're not much of a bother." Beomgyu said with a smile, as I swore my heart melt.
My favourite idol of all time was in front of me, and he knew me, and he saw me!

Wait, saw me?

Oh god...

I wandered off to the couch in the corner, plugging one earbud in, keeping the other out to listen to Beomgyu and Yeonjun.

"Alright, show me what you can do."

I got bored of watching them after awhile, immersed in my music, to the point where I started humming, and then started singing along quietly.

Suddenly the room went silent, as I felt two pairs of eyes on me.
I fell silent, as Yeonjun just glanced at Beomgyu.

Beomgyu cleared his throat.

"Y/N, have you ever thought about auditioning?" Beomgyu asked.

"What?" I responded, throat dry.
Was the Choi Beomgyu asking me to audition?

"Well, I mean you have quite a good voice, and you've got the visuals, and to my knowledge you could be good at dancing so-" Beomgyu started, stopping himself mid sentence as he regained his composure.
"What I'm saying is one day a company might scout you, and I think you should join this company's training programme at the moment. Under me. We have a girls programme, too, which runs at the same time."

"Yeonjun pinch me this can't be real." I said, as Yeonjun came over to me.
"Well, it is... you see I kind of told him about you.. and your singing, like your covers.." He confessed, as I side-eyed him.

"Not the dance ones I hope."
"No but I'll show him those next if you don't even consider trying out! It'll make everything so much easier, and I'm sure you can just train with me and Taehyun instead of the girls!" Yeonjun smiled.

"Yeonjun..." I frowned. "I don't know."

Beomgyu cleared his throat.
"Well Y/N, it is completely up to you. But I would love for you to join my programme. Consider this my way of scouting you." He smiled, holding out a hand.

I grabbed it in mind, noticing the amount of warmth that radiated from him and his smile, as the corners of his eyes creased with his grin, and the warmth radiating from his hand that was in mine.

"Yeah, okay sure whatever. I'll audition. But on one condition."

"That is?"

"You teach me the dance to your newest song."

Beomgyu chuckled. "Anti-romantic doesn't have a dance."

"I know. But what is your most recent song with a dance? I want to use that to audition. It's only fair, saying your songs got me into dancing."

Beomgyu smiled, as he pulled his hand away.

"Well, that can be arranged."