40 | surprise, its me

I went to sit with him, my heart racing.

He had a mask pulled up over his nose, but his eyes - they were identical to Beomgyu's.
A mirror image of them, and his voice, too, even muffled by the mask, sounded so similar.

"Jaegyu, you can't eat with a mask on. You do know that, right?" I asked, as he just sighed.

"Yes, I know, I'll take it off when the time comes. Well, how are you? I know I haven't been chatting with you as much as I should, but life's been keeping me rather busy." Jaegyu ranted, acting like this was all normal.

I was just stunned as to why a restaurant this expensive and nice would be empty.
Then it dawned on me.

"You booked out the whole restaurant, didn't you?" I asked, as I saw the corners of his eyes crease.
"Well, I wanted you to meet me alone." He said, staring right into my eyes, as he placed his hands behind his ears, lifting at his mask.

"So who do you think I am then?" He asked, as I felt my heart pound.

"Jaegyu?" I asked tentatively, as he just sighed, a sigh that screamed 'here goes', as he pulled his mask off.

"Why do you keep calling me that.. gosh.. the names Beomgyu, the one and only." He smiled, pulling it off completely, as I felt my heart drop.

"Beomgyu- you- it was you? The whole time? What, I don't.." I started, as he smiled slightly, looking at the table.

"Surprise?" He said, unsure as he looked down at his hands, before glancing back up at me.
"I know, I know, it's shocking. Honestly surprised the username didn't give it away, but Choi is quite a common surname. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it's just, I love that you spoke to me like a normal person. Now don't get me wrong, us being friends through Yeonjun is doing a lot better than I thought it would, but you're just so careful around me, and it's killing me! I'm human too, you know?" Beomgyu rambled on, but all I could do was stare at him.

The Choi Beomgyu had been messaging me all this time.

The Choi Beomgyu was the one who asked me out on a date.

The Choi Beomgyu was interested in... me?

"Please, tell me what you're thinking Y/N, you're killing me here." He said, breaking me from my trance.

"Are you pulling my leg right now, Beomgyu? Is this actually you?" I asked, as he nodded.

"Yes, the idol, Beomgyu, that's me."

"And you, asked me on a date.. like for real... as in, you..." I was stammering over my words, so unsure of how to phrase it.

Beomgyu reached over and held my hand gently.

"I love you, Y/N. That's why I asked you out on this date, because I want to be with you. You make me feel something, Y/N." Beomgyu said, as I felt my face heat up.

"No, this can't be real, seriously? Beomgyu, you know I can't, it's not right for a fan..." I started, but he leaned over and placed a finger on my lips.

"Y/N, you're the only one I want, so please, give me a chance like you would any other guy." Beomgyu asked gently, as I just nodded.

"I... okay... this is so weird, but internally, I'm screaming." I said, laughing it off awkwardly, as Beomgyu sat back down, his hands under his chin.

"You're stunning, Y/N, truly. Thank you for coming tonight, I appreciate it. Now, what do you want to eat?" He asked, glancing down at the menu.

The whole room was spinning, as I realised I had been holding my breath, anxiety, fear and confusion all washing over me as I fell off the chair, my mind falling into darkness, Beomgyu calling my name the last thing I heard before the ringing.