46 | father, i miss you

"I'm so sorry Y/N." My mother sobbed, as she held me in her arms, as we watched them turn the machine off on my father.

I couldn't think and I couldn't see through my tear sodden eyes.
When my mum came home that night I stayed with her as long as possible before barring myself off into my room.

I managed to drag myself to training the next day, but by midday I was a sobbing mess, excusing myself as I went and hid in one of the janitor closets.
"I can see your location Y/N- oh." Yeonjun said softly, as he opened the door.

My tears were enough.
"My dad.." I croaked, as his playful smile vanished as he just nodded, helping me stand up as he hugged me against his chest, his head resting on top of mine.

"Shh... let it out.. it's alright." Yeonjun said softly, as I sobbed into his chest.

"Yeonjun- oh, Y/N?" Beomgyu said, his eyes lighting up but on seeing my tears he stopped in his tracks.

"Gyu, I'll come find you later." Yeonjun said quietly, but their voices were blurred.

Yeonjun took me home.

A week later I buried my father, and my heart broke even further when my mum found a letter he had written for me.

'Y/N. I hope you're reading this when you're all grown with a few kids and a nice man. Or woman. I don't mind. I'm sorry I can't be there for you. But just be happy, and do something that will fulfill you. Not what other people want you to do.
You've got a stunning voice. I'll watch you on the stages from up here.
I love you, my daughter.

Shine bright. I don't expect to see you for many many more decades, okay? Outlive Britains King for me!

I love you, Y/N.

Love, your dad.'

Yeonjun sat beside me on my bed, rubbing my back as I hid my head in his chest.

"I can't do this alone, Jun, please, I need you."