32 | chat

When I rocked up at school the next day, Yeonjun was absent.
It made sense, his training assessment was today.

So I was with Soobin during breaks, and he seemed happy to hold my hand and talk to me and hug me where need be, but I just wasn't feeling it anymore.

My feelings had shifted, and I wanted someone to knock me out for that, and put my head back on straight.

"Hey, is everything okay? You've been staring into space for the last few minutes." Soobin noted, leaning closer.
I instinctively pulled away with a nod.

He looked hurt, pulling himself back, before he pursed his lips.

"Y/N, did I do something wrong?" Soobin asked, genuinely looking hurt.

I shook my head. "It's not you Soobin, it's just- I have a lot going on and I really don't think I'm the best kind of girlfriend material at the moment. You deserve so much better than me, you have to know that."

This was breaking my heart to do, but I had to let him off - he was doing too much for me and it made me feel guilty, like I was using him.

Soobin just sighed, looking down at the table.
"I see."

"I'm sorry, Soobin. It's not you it's me. We just got together at the wrong time for me. My parents are ill and I'm so busy with work and possibly training now that I just don't think I can be good enough for you." I said, holding his hand.

Soobin just smiled slightly.
"Well Y/N, I'll wait until you're ready then. Tell me when you are, and I promise I'll give you butterflies all over again."