35 | their, there, and they're

I was typing away escessively, trying to last-minute finish my essay, when my phone began to blow up.

"Yeonjun I swear to god-"

It was Jaegyu.

@ bchoi01
Y/N I know you're there
You're active dot is green

I'm worried about you

I haven't heard from you since last night
I'm sorry for leaving the conversation

I had something to do

@ definitelynotyn
You're fine
I'm sorry, I can't talk right now, I'm working
on a really important assessment

What's it on? I may be able to help

English.. like the language itself

Ahh.. okay, what are you struggling on?

I have to write a story, but I don't know
my their, there, and they're differences and
the internet is no help...

Y/N, aren't you in year 12?

Yes...

Ahh it's okay, languages are confusing.
Let me call you.

incoming call from bchoi01
Answer | Decline

"Okay Y/N, so, read me the sentence you were writing." Jaegyu started straight away. But I was too focused on his voice.
It sounded so much like Beomgyu! Which I know was just a coincidence, but it was still shocking - it took me so long to figure out anyways.
"Well, I had written. 'Their were butterflies in her stomach', as in ei their. That's wrong isn't it? It looks wrong." I said, sighing.

Jaegyu laughed slightly.
"Yeah, it is. That's when you talk about people, like it is their belongings, their heart is pounding. You should use there, as in ere, which is like over there - to locate something."

I had opened to a new page, scribbling this all down.

"How come you're so good at this?"

Jaegyu sighed. "I used to have an old friend who was fluent in English. He helped me learn and everything, Ah, I miss him man."

I could hear him sobbing through the phone, as I turned my camera on.

"Hey, hey, I know I can't see you but look at me. It's okay. I'm sure he misses you too and one day you guys can meet again, can't you?" I said.

"Not until I die, Y/N, not until then." He said slowly.

"I'm sorry, I have to go."

Call ended. 08:43

Beomgyu let out a groan as he lay back, pushing at his eyes to control the stream of tears that were falling down.

"Stop it Beomgyu, Jaegyu wouldn't want you crying over him. Fuck." He said, voice cracking.
He turned in his bed, staring at the photo frame beside him.

Him and his friend, a slightly taller version of himself, who's hair was always cut into a wolfcut- that's why Beomgyu himself liked it so much.

"Jaegyu, what should I do? I know you would tell me to just go for it, but I can't."

As I went back to my work, I felt so guilty.
Why did I even open my mouth? I didn't know anything about Jaegyu and his old friend.
I'll have to apologise first thing in the morning...

I'm so tired man..