37 | its been awhile

"I'm heading home now. Thank you for this morning, Yeonjun. I'll see you again tomorrow, yeah?" I asked, as he hugged me quickly.

"Yes, I'll see you then. Tell your parents hi for me." He smiled, as I waved him off, having to walk whilst he took the bus home.

The hospital wasn't too far away, so I wandered along aimlessly, finally arriving.

Once I did, I went straight towards their rooms.

I never thought I could have been happier today, but there she was - my mother was conscious, sitting up as she smiled at me, arms outstretched.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/N. The company contacted us." She smiled, as I ran ahead and hugged her, tears falling down my face, smearing the limited amount of make up I had put on.

"I never would have expected it! I mean, with how I look and that, but it happened! Mum, I might be an idol! With Yeonjun, well, not with him because they don't have co-ed groups, but I'll be able to still see him if he debuts!" I rambled on, as she just laughed.

"Slow down, my gosh. But yes, you can stay in contact with him. Isn't that lovely? And you've met your idol, haven't you?"

I nodded, scrolling through my phone as I found an image of him and I.

"We're good friends. It's like a dumb love story, really, except I will never let it get that far, you know?" I said, hugging my mother again.

I stayed in her embrace until the nurses sent me home, visiting hours ended by then.

I said my goodbyes to my dad also, and as I took the bus back to my home, I checked my messages.

bchoi01
read, 3 weeks ago

"Oh my god I haven't spoken in ages. I'm a terrible friend." I whispered, sighing as I opened the chat.
He appeared straight away.

definitelynotyn
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
I'm so so sorry, I'm a terrible friend TvT

I've had so much going on!!

I've been accepted as a trainee under Hybe!

So I've been distracted - and my mum got better!
How are you, Jaegyu?

I've missed you

bchoi01
I've been good, thank you!
And no it's fine, I totally get it!!

replied to your message "I've been accepted as a trainee under Hybe!"
Oh, congrats!! My friend was a trainee there once !
Y'know the one I told you about?
Yeah...
But that's okay! <3

I'm proud of you Y/N

Now, let me tell you about this mother trucker named Kai who exploded an instant ramen in my microwave and LEFT IT THERE

My house

Is ruined TT

Just like that, me and Jaegyu began chatting again, like we used to, as if we had no care in the world, until I asked him something.

definitelynotyn
When can I meet you?

bchoi01
Oh, uh..
I don't know if we ever can
I promise I'll explain it all to you one day, Y/N
But I'm just not ready yet

And anyways, I'm ugly, you'll never speak to me again!

definitelynotyn
That's not true!
Gosh, how shallow do you think I am?!

But that's okay, whenever you're ready :)

definitelynotyn left the conversation

Beomgyu placed his phone down, rubbing his temples.

"Fuck, Beomgyu, you have to tell her one day. But then she'll treat you so carefully, like she does in person." He argued with himself, glancing at the photo of him and Jaegyu again.

Then he opened his voicemails, clicking on one recording in particular.

"Beomgyu-ah, if you ever meet the love of your life, go for it, yeah? Don't hesitate like I did. Well, I mean saying when you'll get this, even if I didn't hesitate it would've been for nothing. Treat them well, yeah? And tell them all about me, I am a celebrity ain't I?"

Beomgyu couldn't hold back his tears, as he chuckled darkly.

"Jaegyu, you're such an asshole for leaving me like that. But yeah, I'll go for it. I hope you're watching me."