33 • go team !

"Beomgyu, come on." My manager nagged, as I held back the temptation to roll my eyes at them, following quickly.

We walked into an open practice room, where all the boys I had been monitoring for the past few months were lined up, all pausing and standing up straight as I came in.

I had to hold myself back from cringing. I hated this. The respect was unnecessary- I wanted a partner I was friends with, not one I felt awkward being around.

The company head sat at the table, as me and my manager went and sat beside him, he called one person out, everyone else sitting down against the walls.

Then one by one, everyone showcased their skills, as I doodled on the feedback sheet between people, filling out what was necessary.

Finally Yeonjun was presenting, and I could tell by the way his hands were shaking that he was nervous.
He was usually so confident - I think that's the effect Y/N had on him.
Of course she couldn't be here, she was at school.

"Choi Yeonjun. What will you be showing us today?" The company head asked.

"I- hm." He froze up, as I nodded at him, he took a deep breath, in and out, speaking again.
"I'm going to show you my rap and dance."

"In two performances or one?"

"Two, if that's okay."

The company head nodded, as my manager played the music he had written down, the familiar song filling my ears.
It was what he had been working on for the past few months, as I watched in awe as he danced, at the control of his body, and as he stopped I couldn't help but smile.

Yeonjun was who I wanted my duo partner to be, and I was sure about that.

When Yeonjun had finished both performances, I made sure to give him a glowing report, before we went onto the other one.

That's when it hit me.
Y/N.

Yeonjun and I were very similar, and he had a way of competing with me now.
But like Huening Kai had said, it was first come first serve, wasn't it?

May the best man win then, Yeonjun.
As much as I value you as a friend, I don't want to lose her anytime soon either.

He would understand, wouldn't he?