31 • is that what she thinks?

"Huening Kai. I want your opinion on something." Beomgyu asked, noticing one of his trainees who was still in his room.
Beomgyu had gone back to the company first, saying he had left something there, after having messaged with you.

"Sure Hyung. What is it?" Kai asked.

"Do you think I get paid to, and I quote, woo girls?" Beomgyu asked, doing air quotations as he spoke.

Huening Kai stifled a laugh. "Oh hell no. Some idols are super awkward around girls. Why? Did some girl tell you that?"

"More or less. Saw it on Twitter. About me. I'm hurt honestly." Beomgyu whined, causing the younger to smile.

"You should go rest. You've got a big day tomorrow, with the assessment and all." Beomgyu noted, looking at the clock.

"That's where I was going. Are you seeing someone? I'm constantly seeing you with Yeonjun hyung and some girl."

Beomgyu's mouth fell into an O shape, before sighing.
"She auditioned recently. Always comes and watched Yeonjun and Taehyun practice. Just being friendly."

"She complained to you didn't she?"

"Well, not me directly." Beomgyu said, sitting down against the wall.

"I'm going to tell you something, but I need you to keep quiet about it, hm?"

Huening Kai just nodded, sitting on the floor in front of Beomgyu.

"So this girl, Y/N, is more than just a friend to me. I think I may have a tiny crush. But, I've known them for longer than just when their friend was training. They messaged me once, thinking I was their school crush because that was the account Yeonjun gave her. She thinks I'm someone named Jaegyu, who was an old friend of mine. She confesses literally everything to me. She's very trusting, it's cute." Beomgyu ranted, as Huening Kai just nodded.

"Are you ever going to tell her?" He asked, as Beomgyu sighed.

"See I don't know if I want to. What if she stops talking to me because of it? I understand me and her are friends in person, but she's more comfortable talking to him, Jaegyu, about personal things than me. Am I that threatening of an idol?" Beomgyu rambled.

"What I think you should do, hyung, is ask her via Jaegyu or whatever, what she would do if an idol had a crush on her. Don't be specific, but I'm sure you can figure it out." Kai suggested, but Beomgyu shook his head.

"She's dating someone, and anyway her best friend Yeonjun has a crush on her. He's told me this. It wouldn't be right."

Huening Kai just sighed. "Ah the childhood friends to lovers. I get it. But you know what, first come, first serve. Just wing it. I'm sure she likes you too. I mean, what's not to like?"

Beomgyu just nodded briskly, before standing up and saying goodbye.

There were a lot of things to not like, he thought.

One of those was his dishonesty with her, that he knew would probably come back and bite him later.