Chapter 01

I think.

And think again.

About how to survive...!

While thinking hard about this, someone knocked on the door. She peered in with a gentle smile on her face.

"Dear sister Evelyn, I baked some cookies for you. I hope you enjoy it."

"You didn't have to do this."

I glanced at my sister, Ophelia, who was smiling shyly.

'Oh my, this girl's name is Ophelia, too?'

Ophelia was the perfect heroine in the novel.

Blonde hair flowing in the sun, amethyst-colored glistening eyes, and porcelain skin resembling white jade. Conversely, you don't need to explain it in great detail to know that she's a rare beauty.

Seeing the many cuts strewn all over her hands, I pulled out a small jar from a drawer.

"Sit here. I happened to have an ointment from Sahara. The leader of Irudell sent me a prototype."

"I-I'm fine. You don't have to do that for me, so you should keep the ointment for yourself, Sister." Ophelia hurriedly shook her head, though she couldn't take her eyes off the ointment jar in my hand.

I let out a sigh.

Seeing how Ophelia refused another person's goodwill towards her, I felt a sense of deja vu. Suddenly, the unforgettable novel's content rushed into my head.

「 "After three days of just drinking water, Ophelia could not take her eyes away from the burnt bread in the maid's hand.

"Please eat some, Milady."

To her surprise, the maid who played the role of a warden readily sticks the bread out to her. Her stomach was stirred just by the mere smell of dry flour, but Ophelia shook her head.

"...No, thank you."

This maid could have died miserably if she succumbed to hunger and ate that bread.

Like everyone else who treated her well. 」

However, it wasn't exactly a normal novel...

Ophelia was the heroine of the rated-19 novel.

In the scene, she had not eaten anything for three days.

One day, turtle soup was served on Ophelia's table, where she had been imprisoned by the male protagonist, Cassius. Still, the meals were well served.

As she tried to take a spoonful of it without much thought, the unusual pattern of a turtle's shell came into her eyes. It was the same pattern of the turtle that Ophelia, who was always alone in Count Garneid's residence, had fondly raised.

Of course, after seeing it, she cried and refused to eat the meat. Which caused Cassius to be angry, saying, "If you're going to do that, then don't eat anything."

Well, how did it work out?

Naturally, since it's rated-19...

I swallowed dry saliva and tried to drive the original scene out of my head. "Since you baked the cookies for me, just think of it as a small reward."

"Sister..."

Her eyes filled with tears.

'Good girl.'

I pulled out my handkerchief and gently wiped away tears that were swelling in her eyes.

Ophelia was treated as an outcast of this wonderful, Count Garneid family.