Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Obviously, massive sculptures that did not exist until a few days ago boasted their greatness all over the garden.

The tulip petals, which must have been carefully picked one by one, descended from the air and fluttered in the breeze. Meanwhile, the soft music of the orchestra could be heard from somewhere as well.

Seeing that they could not be seen, it seems that they have built a special device just for them.

It was an unrealistic sight where anyone would have no choice but to be mesmerized by it for a while…

Yes, just like me.

“…Crazy.”

“I know…”

Even that kind Ophelia shook her head in agreement. Cassius’s wastefulness has already exceeded the level that ordinary people could imagine.

“Evelynn.”

From a little distance away, Cassius called me.

“Come here, please.”

Seeing so, I then took my steps slowly.

Even though I pretended to be calm on the outside, my heart was pounding non-stop.

In fact, there was nothing to worry about if it was only to the extent of being extravagant. The reason why I was nervous is because I did not know what else this madman would do!

Perhaps, I failed to hide my nervousness as Cassius gently stroked my shoulder.

“You look so nervous. There is nothing to worry about.”

“I am not used to such a big event.”

“Oh. Did I push too much pressure on you?”

Yes.

That is right. This is such a huge burden…!

Still, I swallowed the answers that immediately came to my mind and just laughed.

“Please be patient. If you do not let me know, I do not know what kind of useless people would stick to you, so I planned the wedding proposal.”

“I heard that the Empress is a simple person, so there would not be many visitors, anyway.”

“I will say so. However, fruit flies* are everywhere for a beautiful woman like you.”
[ T/N: It’s an idiom which basically means, ‘when you don’t want or need something to happen.’ ]

“If it gets complicated, the Lord will take care of it for me, right?”

“You know well, Evelyn.”

Saying so, he curled the corners of her eyes and smiled alluringly. The golden eyes in the sunlight shimmered like a high-quality amber.

If it were not for the spirit hidden inside that outer shell, people would have been bewitched by that beautiful appearance of his.

“Lord Cassius.”

I looked straight up at him.

“Since the wedding proposal ceremony was held like this, please promise me that you will not interfere in any case, since I will become the servant of Her Highness the Empress soon.”

“Of course.”

He nodded his head.

“Please do not take it lightly. Are you taking my words seriously?”

“Now, don’t you think I am being serious?”

“Yes.”

I answered right away and added, “In fact, it sounds like you are going to break your promise right away if you actually come across such a situation.”