Chapter 04

My father sighed deeply.

"Get out, Ophelia. You are just making things worse."

"No. It's really my fault! I, I..."

Ophelia's lips trembled. She turned to me and continued her words, "I asked Miss Evelyn. Isn't that right, sister?"

"Uh..."

The hesitation did not last long.

"Yes, that is right. Ophelia asked me for a favor-To go out and to help her house!"

It wasn't that I didn't feel guilty. However, it was not a human thing to kick Ophelia's spoon-feeding opportunities she is giving me. Above all else, I had to move to save Ophelia and all of us!

Seeing my reply, she nodded her head broadly.

"Yes, my niece and nephew are sick... but I couldn't go out, so I asked sister to find a doctor. The Miss..."

Of course, Ophelia's nephew is from her mother's side.

Mother's eyes narrowed.

"Really, Evelyn?"

"Yes." I nodded right away.

"After all, raising a lowly bloodline is of no use."

Ophelia bowed her head right away.

"I'm sorry. I will accept any punishment."

"Sigh."

My mother sighed.

"There is no punishment now. What kind of punishment should I take for you to get your act together?"

Then, my father stepped up.

"Madam, can't you please look over this child for me this time?"

Bingo.

Ophelia's 'mother's relative' excuse was very useful.

Contrary to his fragile appearance and tone of voice, father was a businessman without blood or tears. Still, he was feeling quite guilty about ruining the life of a normal girl in the village. Thanks to this, I was able to get the reaction I wanted when I brought up Ophelia's mother.

Well, to put it simply, a hypocrite.

Regardless, it is helping me now, so that is a good thing.

"If you say that, there is nothing wrong with it, but she is ruining our Evelyn as well. That lowly person."

"Evelyn will come to her senses now. Wasn't she such a straight and intelligent kid in the first place?"

"...Evelyn, get out."

And so, Mother ordered us to leave.

Of course, Ophelia followed me as well. Sadly, in this house, Ophelia is nothing more than an 'extra' who has to silently behave well according to others' will.

As soon as she came out, she was in a good mood.

"Sister, I'm so glad that you look healthy. I was really, really worried..."

I cut off Ophelia's words.

"You need to move that stupid turtle right now."

"Sister...?"

At my words, Ophelia widened her eyes and looked up at me. Her purple eyes were beautiful enough to captivate both young and old, but I rebuked her coldly.

"Did you think I wouldn't know the turtle you go visit every day?"

"Of course, I thought you would. Sister knows everything."