Chapter 20

I took a deep breath.

I could smell the salty sea.
​​
‘Finally…!’

I gazed at the vast ocean that spread out before my eyes.

How many times have I been nervous before coming here?

It felt like my heart was falling to the floor several times at the sound of stones rolling and leaves falling.

In the end, Ophelia could not even trust the carriage she had rented, so she had to keep changing. Fortunately for her, we have never been noticed by the pursuers, perhaps thanks to Ophelia’s time-consuming efforts.

I admitted.

The fact that I escaped from Cassius Brudenell was purely due to Ophelia.

‘I hope she is doing well…’

Thinking of her, my heart began to pound with anxiety. And, soon thereafter, the guilt came rushing in.

I wet my dry lips.
​​
Now, all I can do is wait.
​​
‘In the meantime, I will have to establish a foundation on this ship.’

The ship I chose at the Port of Lebert, the ‘Daisy,’ could be called a small town floating on the sea.

‘Daisy’ was so huge that it did not really fit its cute name. Compared to modern-day large cruises, it was like the size of a stone.
​​
A ship of this size was quite a waste to be used for only one purpose, namely, a cruise ship or a merchant ship. Each port was carrying passengers and loading and unloading various goods at the same time.

It was a good thing for me.
​​
I could even get a job on this ship if I wanted to.

I could not just spend the money I had brought from my house forever, so I thought of leaving some money until Ophelia came.

And, if Ophelia comes…

‘Shall we go to the island?’

The Empire had quite a few islands.

In modern times, you could fly by plane, but fortunately, the only way to travel in this era is by boat.

It was a place where Cassius Brudenell could not chase me no matter how far away I went.
​​
Of course, I still have to be careful because he can send people, though I could be less worried that I do not have to deal with him directly.
​​
If I settle on a bustling island, I will be able to live comfortably.

‘Until then, I should explore the island on which this ship was ported.

I left a sign at the harbor that only Ophelia could recognize. A place that she must find in the first port she visits, and where no one else will find it…

If Cassius Brudenell could not get on this ship himself, he might be able to send someone, so I must be careful.

Therefore, the vouchers were also left in an extremely careful way.
​​
There was little chance that Ophelia would know exactly what boat I was on just because she saw the sign, but… I believed her.

Because Ophelia was my savior.

As I was lost in my deep thoughts, someone’s scream pierced my ears.

“Lady, it is dangerous!”
​​
I blinked my eyes.

“….!”

Leaning on the railing on the second floor, which was about the height of my waist, I lost my focus while pondering.

I then stumbled helplessly.

My hands tried to hold the air, and my ruffled skirt did nothing to help with my balance.