Chapter 19

“If we follow sister’s plan, we will not be able to escape for very long, and we will be caught.”

“….”

I had nothing to say. It was because what Ophelia said was true.

“But, if I change clothes, put on a white veil, and get into the carriage right away, everyone will be fooled. At least, until I get to the Duke’s mansion.”

Perhaps Ophelia was also nervous. She swallowed her saliva as she finished her sentence.

“Once they know that I am not sister, Lord Cassius will let me go… I will follow you right away.”

I swallowed dry saliva.

Ophelia’s plan was not perfect, but it was pretty good. Unless my parents or Cassius find me, this plan will surely succeed.
​​
‘When did she start thinking about this?’

Come to think of it, there was one strange thing about Ophelia’s luggage.

‘Did she take the turtle…?’

The beloved turtle was nowhere to be seen, only a bag was there. Realizing that, my blood ran cold. If Ophelia did not take care of the turtle in the first place, that means…

‘…She had no intention of leaving from the beginning, Ophelia.’

She had always intended to be the bait for me.
​​
I had a hunch.

…Maybe Ophelia might not follow me later.

“What the hell. I am left here alone… What are you going to do?”

I muttered blankly.

I knew I did not have time, though I had to listen to the answer to this.

At my words, Ophelia seemed surprised that I had noticed her own plans to remain at the Countess alone, but she replied calmly.

“I will save money and catch up with sister.”

“How can a child who does not get paid…!”

She then laughed softly. “If it is for you, heaven will forgive me for borrowing a few gold coins.”

“….”

Speechless, I stared at Ophelia for a moment.

The angel heroine who could not kill a single ant said she would steal money for me.

For what reason could I deny the sincerity of Ophelia, who made such a big decision? ​​So, in the end, I had no choice but to change her clothes as she said. Though she had never worn the formal robes of a noble maiden before, so I had to help her with every move.

Ophelia seemed somewhat pleased as she meekly entrusted herself in my hands. Even though she will have to bear the wrath of the Countess and Duke in a little while.

Her figure in the gorgeous dress was dazzlingly beautiful.

Even more than me.

The accessories, which I felt were excessive, matched her as if she had been wearing them since she was born, and the long, enticing dress made the beauty of Ophelia shine like a halo.

‘I cannot believe she is thinking of disguising as me with this look…’

It was fortunate that the fiancée could cover her face, as it was customary to wear a white veil over her head.

I mumbled quietly as I gazed at Ophelia, who was shining more than ever.

“Are you really okay?”

No matter how much the plan was led by Ophelia, it was unavoidable for my guilt to creep in. It was a feeling of shame and guilt for not being able to protect one of my younger sisters, who only looked at me.