Chapter 12

A little while later, there was the sound of swords. I deliberately did not look out the window. I feel like hives will grow if I watch such an obvious play.

“Sister! There are knights!”

“Yes.”

“We are safe now!”

“Yes…”

I replied dryly to Ophelia, who was genuinely relieved.

‘…Wait.’

The sudden thought that came to mind made my blood go cold.

‘What if Ophelia falls in love with Cassius Brudenell for saving us?’

Then, things would become uncontrollably worse because Cassius Brudenell smashed the House of Count Garneid the moment he saw the possibility that Ophelia might like him in the original work!

Kidnapping, incarceration, censorship, and deletion!

The turtle soup, too!

Although Ophelia in the original story only had a romantic crush on him, she did not really love him. Nevertheless, Cassius mistakenly thought that his feelings for her were reciprocated.

So, when Ophelia, who saw through everything, rejected him, he committed atrocities.

In short…

He is insane.

After the knife-wielding, which made the metal ring so much that it hurts my ears, someone opened the carriage door.

At a glance, he was a young and handsome knight.

Come to think of it, in the original story, even though Ophelia said that Cassius was handsome, it seemed as though there was a knight commander of the Duke of Brudenell, who struck her chest like a sword right away.

“I am David Marquell, the Commander of the Knights of the Duke of Brudenell.”

I shut my eyes tight before opening them slowly.

The sad foreboding was not wrong either. David Marquell was the knight of the Duke, who died at the words of Ophelia.

He looked at me carefully.

“Are you the daughter of Count Garneid?”

“…Yes.”

“All the horses are dead. There is a villa of the Duke of Brudenell nearby, so I can get you there. Please stay there for a while until we get new horses and supplies.”

Hearing his words, I bit my lip.

Of course, I had no choice.

The good news was that we were not that far from the Capital yet. Maybe staying for a day or so and going home right away would solve the problem.

“All right.”

At that, David politely extended his hand towards me.

“Let’s go. Fortunately, we were also transporting an empty carriage.”

Well, Cassius Brudenell did not seem to want to hide the fact that he was behind the robbers. An empty carriage that no one rides on—a luxurious carriage that carried nobles along with the knights.

Doesn’t it look strange to anyone?

In any case, it was better than riding on a horse with strong knights since I did not want to vomit.

It had been an hour later.

Finally, we arrived at the villa of the Duke of Brudenell.

Unlike Ophelia, who was focused on cherishing the fishbowl with turtles in her arms, I was on high alert.