Chapter 1- All I Can Taste Is This Moment

Chapter 1- All I Can Taste is this Moment

Song Used: Iris- The Goo Goo Dolls

Kellin's POV:

I tried to shove my sheet music into my bag quickly, along with the stuff I needed. I had Audrey clinging to my hip, as I tried to pack her bag with toys, diapers, pajamas, and anything she would need at Jack's house. I was lucky he was my best friend, he was there for me after Audrey's mom passed away during labor. We had been dating less than a year before she got pregnant, and we wanted to keep the baby. Audrey is perfect in every way, sometimes it is just hard being a single parent with barely any friends or help.

"Dada why you gotta go?" Audrey frowned nuzzling closely into my chest.

"Dada has to work sweetheart. Dada promises he will be back before bedtime though, he will be back and sing you songs before you go to sleep," I smiled putting her in her car seat.

She nodded, and I kissed her hand buckling her in. She smiled at me, and I poked her nose making her giggle. I quickly drove to Jack's apartment which was conveniently near the restaurant I perform at. I had begun performing there about a month ago, I usually just played piano or sang. I always wanted to be in a band, but I wanted to be there for Audrey and I was all she had. I like to perform, but I love Audrey more. Jack was waiting for me as I pulled up, and I smiled unlocking the doors.

"Hey, Kellin!" Jack smiled and hugged me.

"Hey," I smiled trying to catch my breath.

"You've been taking care of yourself right? You have to take care of yourself for her Kellin," Jack told me as I was handing him Audrey's backpack.

"I know, I have been, I promise. I'll eat after I perform, thank you for watching her again Jack. I really appreciate it," I said, picking up Audrey.

"Okay, as long as you do. And of course, she loves Uncle Jack right Audrey?" Jack smiled, taking her from my arms.

"She sure does. Bye-bye Audrey, Daddy loves you so much sweetheart," I smiled, kissing her cheek.

She waved, and I smiled back at her and Jack. I drove to the restaurant, and I somehow got there right before four. I clocked in, sat down on the piano bench, and began to play. I saw Vic looking at me, he was the owner and he always loved when I played. He was handsome, and he had the deepest brown eyes. I loved when his gaze was on me, but he was probably just being friendly no one would ever like me. But somehow he made me blush like a teenage boy. I saw him walk over to me, and I could already feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Hey Kellin, how are you doing?" Vic smiled.

I nodded, "Good you?"

"Better now that I saw you " Vic smiled at me.

I blushed as he walked away, and I continued to play the piano. I tapped the microphone making sure it was on, and I felt the eyes of people look at me.

"This song is called Iris," I said, beginning to play the piano.

And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

'Cause sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's meant to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

I smiled as I sang, and I eventually finished the song and the restaurant erupted in applause. I blushed and continued to play out the chorus of the song on the piano. Vic came over to me, slowly clapping and he smiled.

"Kellin, you amaze me every time," Vic smiled at me.

I giggled thanking him, and he sat next to me as I played the piano. He was moving his eyes across my body, and I blushed.

"I know you have only been working here for about two months, but I feel like I know you from somewhere still," Vic said, raising an eyebrow.

"My face isn't that hard to mistake Vic, maybe you do," I giggled.

"That's true, I wouldn't forget it," Vic smiled at me. I felt his hand move on mine, and he ended up playing the song with me.

Vic whispered in my ear, "And I'd give up forever to touch you, Cause I know that you feel me somehow..."