Chapter 12- Did I Make A Mistake?

Chapter  12- Did I Make A Mistake

Kellin's POV:

Vic drove me to the restaurant, and I held his hand as he drove like normal. I could tell he was worried, I just overthink when it comes down to my father. He's hurt me so much, he left me before and came back nearly making me lose it.  I never want him in Audrey's life, he ruined mine completely. I finally got happy with Vic, I'm ready for new I just want to forget him completely. It made me upset how he has that picture if he's judging me for being gay when he has just judged me from the start. I'm nothing more to him than a screw-up and I don't even consider myself his son. I knew he was still texting me, but I had to allow myself not to talk to him. I hated being scared of him, I didn't want him to know I was gay because he would shame me again. I should be used to it, but I can't ever get used to it because I felt like I had to please him. He is the reason why I'm trying to turn myself around, besides Audrey and Vic. I want to be a good dad for Audrey, and a good partner to Vic. I didn't even know if we were boyfriends, I probably should ask him that soon. I bounced my leg from anxious habit and my paranoia that my dad was somehow watching me. I closed my eyes and shut them tight, hoping to calm myself down.

"Kellin what is it?" Vic asked me worriedly.

"Vic I'm okay," I mumbled even though I was clearly not.

He rubbed my back and stroked my hair as he drove to the restaurant. He tried to calm me, and it helped but I was just terrified of it all. I had a tear streaming down my cheek, and I didn't want him to see me cry. I blushed and wiped it quickly hoping he didn't see.

"Baby you're scaring me," Vic told me.

"Mhm don't mean to... I'm just really anxious Viccy," I mumbled.

"It's okay sweetheart I'm here," He cooed gently kissing my cheek. I nodded and opened his eyes to see him smiling at me, I smiled back and kissed him.

"You promise you will be there all day and come by where I am and stuff," I mumbled.

"Yeah sweetheart whatever you need," Vic smiled as he reassured me.

"Daddy I hungry," Audrey whined.

"Baby I know, we can get food," I smiled at her.

I gave her some puffs to distract her, and that seemed to work for a while.  When we got inside, Vic set me up in a booth and gave Audrey some crayons to color with while I worked on my laptop. He gave her some juice, made me some coffee, and gently placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay Audrey, what do you want?" Vic smiled at her as he wiped some juice off her face.

"Mhm eggs Viccy!" She giggled grabbing his hand.

"Okay princess, What about you Kel?" He asked me.

"I'm okay, my stomach is a little upset and stuff," I mumbled to him. I was hungry, I just got so anxious I couldn't eat. I had this sick feeling in my stomach that my dad was going to just show up today. He was probably gonna hurt me, I was probably gonna have to hide it from Vic.

"Okay love, well I'll make you something soon," Vic smiled.

I nodded, and he walked to the kitchen to cook for our princess.  I blushed and began to work, holding Audrey on my lap as she colored. I saw my phone light up again, and I grabbed it seeing my dad's text again.

You and I need to talk... I suggest you do it or I'll take her and him away from you

I teared up, completely scared, and held Audrey close. I knew I had to, I didn't want anything bad happening to Vic or Audrey because they were my world. I wiped my eyes, and I replied simply "okay."