Chapter 5- How to Love More Patiently

Chapter 5- How To Love More Patiently

Kellin's POV:

I said yes... to a date. This wasn't gonna be good, I have a daughter Vic would probably run away from me. I don't think he would, I just want the best for Audrey and him. I drove up to pick her up from jacks house, Jack was already outside with her. I walked out to get her, and I could tell she looked pale.

"Hey sweetie what's wrong?" I asked her stroking my girl's cheek.

She whined, cried, and went into my arms. Of course, the one day I said yes to a date she gets sick. I couldn't leave her. I rubbed her back, and I looked up at Jack frowning.

"Yeah she started feeling sick when you left, I thought you said it would be quick?" He asked me raising an eyebrow.

"Me too, but uhm Vic asked me out and I said yes," I said. "I'm not gonna go if she's sick," I told Jack.

"I could watch her come on Kellin you deserve this," Jack said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll think about it, thanks though so much jack," I smiled sadly.

I did want this, I don't know if I was ready but I did want Vic and I knew that. I drove Audrey home, and I turned on the tv hoping to distract her from her stomach ache. She laid in my lap while I worked, and I felt she had a fever. I honestly wasn't feeling too good myself, but I wanted to take care of her. I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead hoping to comfort her.

I felt my stomach cramp, and I knew I was going to have to cancel later with Vic. I hated being sick, but I knew I had to take care of her.

"Daddy," She whined grabbing onto me.

I nodded grabbed the trash can and rubbed her back as she vomited. I paled at the scene and rubbed her back singing to her.

"It's okay get it all out baby," I told her. She cried as I held her hair back.

Once she finished, I laid back down holding her as she slept and began to sweat. I grabbed my phone tiredly and called Vic.

"Hey Kellin, I'm gonna pick you up around 5 is that okay?" Vic asked me humming happily over the phone.

"Mhm, I wish. I caught the flu, I don't think I can go," I told him. I felt terrible, all I wanted to be was with him but I wanted to take care of Audrey and I felt too sick.

"Oh... we'll do you want me to come to take care of you? Or maybe I can make you some soup?" He asked me.

"But Vic you can't I..." I blushed to hold the wet washcloth over my and Audrey's foreheads.

"Kellin... I really don't mind you don't sound too good and I have been over before," Vic told me.

He somehow had made me feel comfortable, and I hated how much I was wanting him to be here and care for me. "But Vic, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Vic I have a daughter, and she is two years old and her name is Audrey," I said. I heard him breathing on the line, and he probably didn't want anything to do with me now.

"Kellin... you could have told me," Vic said softly.

"Mhm I know, I just thought you were going to leave like everyone else does," I mumbled.

"Well... I'm not leaving," Vic said. "I will be over in twenty minutes, do you need anything?"

"Okay well I'm not leaving either, and you don't have to," I panted beginning to get hot from my fever.

"What Gatorade flavors do you and Audrey like? And do you have any medicine like Tylenol or anything?" He asked me.

"Mhm grape is fine, and I do thank you, Vic," I panted.

"Of course Kellin, I will be there soon," He said hanging up the phone.

I rubbed Audrey's back as she laid on my chest. Her pajamas somehow didn't get vomit on them, but I could tell I needed to change her. I picked her up and laid her down on the couch grabbing a clean diaper. I began to change her, and I was already getting lightheaded. I was too tired to change, and Audrey was out from taking Tylenol and puking. I laid back down, and I kept the damp cloth on her forehead. I soon heard a knock at the door, and I knew it was Vic.

"It's open," I said trying to fix my hair quickly.