(~^. This may take getting used to .^~)

~~Chapter 23~~

Previously...

"Yeah, well, what if there is a virus that can possess people? Like there's some sort of killer that put him or herself into a game, and whoever played it ended up getting the virus in them? Then the virus carries out what it was doing in his other life? Killing."

"Where are the 'games' you're going for?"

"You don't?! Well... I could buy a house and adopt you? I have a lot of money from saving and... Well, living here and not having to pay-"

"Officer Vanessa! I'm happy you changed your mind on children!"

-------------------------------------------

Gregory's POV

We end up telling Vanessa about our old spot, and that we left a few things there. She nods her head, telling us to lead the way. I do, and end up being one of the first to get there. I found that no one actually took our stuff, so I considerate us lucky. I grin. "Hey, the battery and bag's still here!" I call to the others, mostly Y/n and Freddy. "Really?" Y/n asks as she turns the corner. Once she sees it, she smiles sweetly. "Oh! Lucky, we are." I blush after she smiles and chuckle at her sentence. "Yep." I pick up the bag and hand it to Y/n, then picking up the cables and battery. "To think someone would want this baby." I said, talking about the battery. Vanessa and Y/n laugh, while nodding. Freddy only chuckles.

"Hey, Ness? If it's okay to call you that--" Y/n asks, looking at her. Vanessa looks back and smiles. "You can call me anything you like. Just, no mentioning of the past name." She nods in understanding. "Okay, can we get ice cream?" Vanessa nods. "Of course! Just, after we get the house, okay?" Y/n nods, then looks at me. Freddy also looks at me. "Gregory, I can hold that for you, if you want." I look at him and shake my head. "Nah. I'm good." He nods. "Alright. Let's go see those houses," Vanessa says, smiling. We all nod and start following her around, looking for places.  

***************************

Alright. So, she ended up having enough for a one story house with three bedrooms and a bathroom. The living room is separated by a counter from the kitchen. I smile at the sight. "How much money do you have?" Y/n asks Vanessa. "Well, I think after this, I have 8 thousand." We both stare at her. "8 thousand?!" I repeat. She looks at me and nods. "Mhm." "Damn.." I mutter, walking to the counter and setting down the battery. Honestly, my arms feel a bit soar from carrying it around for longer then needed. I rub them both one at a time.

"Okay. I'll be back. I'm going to grab my mattress from the 'Plex with Freddy." She tells us, looking back and forth. We both nod. "Alright. Cya later." I reply, leaning on the counter. "Bye," Y/n says, smiling. Vanessa nods, and walks out the door. Freddy following her behind, yelling; "Be back in a bit!" Then closing the door behind him. I look around the room. For some reason, the house came with a couch and one bed, when there's three bedrooms. I shrug and walk over to it, plopping down. Y/n follows and sits on the cushion next to me.

"What do you think of Vanessa?" Y/n asks, looking at me. I hum. "I'll take a bit to fully trust her, but her presence has changed. I have trust issues." I say, looking at her. "How come you trusted Freddy and me quickly?" I shrug at her question, and look at the ceiling. "I don't know. I think I've seen you before, or at least someone that looks like you, and Freddy, I thought he was only a robot honestly. I mean, he is, but you get the point." She nods. "I think I've seen you somewhere too." She says. I look her in the eyes, as she does the same. We stare at each other a bit longer, we both then blush and look away, realizing what we were doing.