dos

I sat in the hospital waiting room with millions of thoughts running though my head a once

I sat in the hospital waiting room with millions of thoughts running though my head a once. Would She Be Okay? Will The Baby Live? What's Wrong With Her? Was It Something She Ate?

"Duke" I heard snapping making me snap out of my thoughts seeing Kali, Kai And Sincere.

I literally forgot I called them.

"What happened to my sister"Kali asked with a frowned face.

She had on a brown bonnet, star pajamas, and fluffy bunny ear slippers.  "She passed out while we were at a restaurant"

"How?" Sincere asked.

"I don't know she stopped eating I noticed and asked what was wrong then she told me that she felt dizzy"

"Kali didn't auntie tell us that she had a difficult birth with Mani and nearly died"

Fuck. I forgot all about that conversation.

"WHAT!" Sincere yelled which caused heads to turn looking over at them, but she didn't care.
"When did ya Momma say something like dis?"

FLASHBACK - OMNISCIENT

"You ready" Kheumani asked Duke as the couple held each other's hand.

"Yeah" He said kissing her hand before walking towards the house.

It was 6 months after the wedding and honeymoon, Kheumani's parents wanted to have a family dinner.

Kali and Kheumani's parents lived a two story home in a nice quiet neighborhood located in North Carolina.

The couple walked on the front porch and Kheumani rung the doorbell twice, seconds later the door opened.

"Hi Ma" Kheumani's Mama named Kimberly greeted her first born daughter pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Momma" She said kissing her Mama's cheek.

Kimberly away from the hug and greeted Duke.
"How you doing handsome" She pulling him into a hug.

"I'm doing fine and you?"

"I can't complain"

"Your Daddy in the kitchen" She said as the couple walked inside the house as she closed the door behind them.

"Hey Daddy" Kheumani spoke as she seen her dad named Kazi seasoning meat turn around.

"Hey babygirl" He said quickly washing his hands and hugging his daughter.