catorce

"Grandma this is good!" Dion hummed biting into the Lobster Poyboy Duke's Mother cooked for them

It was the next day after Duke Mother came and accused her of cheating, Kheumani let her stay the night. And now They're having lunch...with Duke, Which totally stunned Kheumani because now Ms. Dennis was overstaying her welcome.

"Thank you Grandbaby" She spoke wiping the tarter sauce from the corner of Dion's mouth.

The two adults stayed in a awkward silence as they watched their Son and Mother talk to one either, Khuemani quietly at her fries being uncomfortable around Duke.

"Daddy you aren't hungry?" Dion asked as 3 pairs of eyes laid onto him.

He cleared her throat. "Just a little" He said before looking at Kheumani.

"You not hungry Mama?"

Kheumani eyebrows frowned as she placed the fry back onto the plate looking up at Duke, she mentally mugged him.

"I'm fine thank you" She said rolling her eyes as her head turned from hearing the smacking from the cup that Dion was drinking out of.

She side eyed him as he put the cup down, Dion looked around seeing his Mother's facial expression before laughing.

His laughter brought her into brighter moods, she started to giggle as they laughed together. Duke watched closely as his Mother smiled at the scene.

"I think you should try and get your family back" Duke's Mother whispered towards him continuing to watch.

-

Kheumani grabbed the plates placing the untouched Poyboy's in the tupperware food container, And putting the plates inside of the sink. She heard footsteps behind her as she looked back seeing Duke, She sighed lowly not wanting to make conversation with him.

"How you been?"

"How's Kali?" She asked turning on the hot water half way and cold a little, placing the stink stopper inside of the drain, placing dish soap inside creating a dish water.

"I asked how you been?"

"And I asked how's Kali?" Kheumani said looking back at him as they stared at each other for a while.

"Why does she concern you so much?"

"I mean she's the bitch you cheated on me with, she has your name in her eyelashes, plus you've been making it public with her."

"And what does that have to do with you?" He asked slowly getting hints that she was jealous.

"Nothing, I'm happy for you honestly. You found somebody your happy with and so did I" She smiled at the end of her sentence thinking about Santiago.

"Who?"He said with his eyebrows frowned together.

"Someone I met at work, he's been around ever since I found out you where cheating." She said drying the plate off with the dry dish towel.

"What you mean been around? He's been around Dion?" He said stepping closer towards her.

"Why does it matter? You had Dion around y'all them bitches acting like they where your friends."

"But did you have that nigga around my son?"He asked as she ignored him continuing the dry the dishes.

He repeated himself. Ignored not an answer.

"Kheumani did you have that nigga around my fucking son?"

"YES" She shouted turning around becoming face to face with Duke, Kheumani felt like Duke was pointless in her life.

"Bitch" He said grabbing her by her neck causing her to drop the towel on the floor.

He slammed her back into the grey shiny two doored refrigerator as she whined lowly.

" I'll fucking kill you bitch" Duke whispered into her ear.

"Bitch?! Who you calling a bitch!"

"You..Bitch"

"you better be glad I ain't like Left-Eye and burned that fucking house down while you in that bitch...Bitch" She said while taking her hand trying to remove his hand but he gripped her tighter.

"You just don't understand I can't let you go"

"You sloppy dick bitch, you gone have to I'm letting you go" She said locking eyes with him as they stood there making tense eye contact.

"Kheumani is it okay if Dion Have- Oh" The eye contact broke once Duke's Mother came in.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

09/22/22