Chapter 9

After the death of Maleficent, the Dark Fairy; Briar and Faybelle both wanted to take some time off from school, despite being in their senior year to mourn their mother. Maleficent's whole family became more distant from most of the other fairytale characters. "Faybe, I want to ask Kimberly to marry me." Malia told her younger sister. "And I want to ask Briar to marry me, sure we both have the same two mothers and Briar and I were born from Maleficent's magic, but I want to be with Briar more than anything." Faybelle told her older sister. Malia agrees to help her little sister and her half-sister get married, if Faybelle agrees to help her marry Kimberly.

Faybelle agrees and within a couple of weeks; Faybelle and Briar would be engaged, as would Malia and Kimberly. It seemed like everything in the future was looking bright to Faybelle and Briar, but could something happen that would bring their happiness together crashing down? Nobody knows. After the memorial service that was held for Maleficent; Briar, Faybelle, Malia, Kimberly, Rosabella, Daring, and everyone else who was in some way related to Maleficent, all decided to take two to three weeks off from school to mourn. Headmasters Milton and Giles both agreed to allow that, since it was still very early in the school year, but those who took time off would have to make up the schoolwork they missed during those weeks off from school.

On their time off from school; Briar and Faybelle stayed in the Domain of Fairies at Sleeping Beauty Castle. While at Sleeping Beauty castle, briar and Faybelle were spending time with Aurora, who told them the story of how she and Maleficent fell in love shortly after Maleficent woke her. Aurora knew this would be the only form of comfort she would have from the love of her life. She still had the love of her daughters and Malia, as well as her siblings and Maleficent's sisters. But Aurora no longer had the love or support of her friends, with the exception of Rapunzel, Snow White, the Hood/Wolf family, and Grimhilde the Evil Queen, who was still in her mirror prison.

If not for those few people and families to love and support both her as well as her and Maleficent's daughters; Briar and Faybelle. Aurora would have no one. Ever since it was revealed that Maleficent and Aurora fell in love, the entirety of the Land of Ever After and pretty much every other fairytale land were turned against her by Milton Grimm, but what she didn't realize is that because of a certain Rebel; Milton Grimm had a change of heart and now believes that if someone wants to write their own story and chart their own path, then they are free to do so without his interference. It was because of Raven that Milton even found out about Apple's forever after sleep in junior year during the Dragon Games, and how Darling was the one who actually woke Apple. At first Milton didn't approve, but Raven reminded him that Apple's Prince or in the case of Darling; Princess would be the only one who is able to awaken her from her forever after sleep.

This of course made Milton understand that some princesses who are going to sleep or be imprisoned in a tower, are gonna be awakened or rescued by another Princess or perhaps rescue themselves. And his perception of the classic stories has changed over the years. Even Milton's own daughter; Millie Grimm, who along with her cousin; Ginny Grimm (Giles Grimm's daughter) were destined to Grimm family writers who kept the stories from going off-script. But Millie decided to rewrite the story of the Grimm family, as did her cousin; Ginny. They both decided to retell the classic stories unlike their parents and all Grimm family members that came before them.

Aurora was unaware of all of this, but when Milton Grimm came to the Domain of Fairies and showed up at Sleeping Beauty castle to offer his condolences to Aurora, she was surprised by his visit. "Milton, what are you doing here?" Aurora asked in confusion. "Aurora, I know that I'm the last person you would expect to show up here, but Ms. Queen helped me see that the traditional stories were changing and becoming more modernized in every aspect, so after she did that; I remembered that you and Maleficent were both in love and upon hearing of her passing; despite not originally approving of your marriage to her, I came to realize that with Faybelle and Briar both being you and Maleficent's daughters, and with her passing; I came to offer my condolences to you and your family, but especially to you and your daughters."