Chapter 12

Apple immediately began thinking about making love with Darling, and then she started seeing an image of a threesome with Dexter and Cupid. "Seriously? Thanks a lot Raven! Now I can't get that awful mental image out of my head!" Raven chuckled. "Stop imagining yourself and Darling having sex, it's disgusting." Soon both Apple and Raven started seeing an image at the same time. "Raven and Apple Queen! You both have been chosen to write your own destiny. The story and destiny that you both must write, must be written by both of you in unison, because the fate of everyone else is literally in the hands of you both."

Apple and Raven couldn't believe what they both had just seen. "I need to call Darling. I have to know if she will still love me despite knowing that I'm the Evil Queen's daughter." Apple said before dialing her girlfriend's number. Raven decided to do the same thing but as a video conference call between her, Dexter and Cupid. "Hey Raven, what's up?" Raven leaves the room for some privacy. "Hey beautiful, what have you been up to?" Darling asked as she answered. "Darling, do you truly love me no matter what?" Darling says yes. "Do you promise that if I wasn't who you think I was, would you still love me the same?" Darling answered and said; "Of course I would Apple, you're my one true love. And even if you end up becoming a villain, not that you will; I will still love you just the same. Why what's up?"

Apple then proceeds to tell her girlfriend; "D, I just learned that I'm not really Snow White's daughter. In fact; my mother isn't even a hero in her story or any story for that matter. I just found out that I'm Grimhilde's daughter. Raven and I are twins." Darling's jaw dropped. "Wow, so I'm actually dating the daughter of the Evil Queen. Talk about a slap from reality." Darling says with a chuckle. Apple begins wondering; "Now that I'm the Evil Queen's daughter, and I'm also Lesbian. It's time for the whole world to know who I really am." Raven looked at her sister. "So, are you really sure you want to tell everyone the truth? Once you reveal to the world that you're Grimhilde's daughter, you'll be seen differently from that point on."

Apple thinks to herself; "Am I truly ready to publicly announce that I'm not Snow White's daughter, but rather the daughter of Grimhilde?! Am I really ready to be seen differently by everyone?" After a few more minutes of thinking really hard about whether or not to let everyone in the world of Ever After know that she and Raven are both Grimhilde's daughters. Apple ultimately decided; "You know what Raven, I do believe that I am finally ready to be the Evil Queen's younger daughter! Let's make the announcement!"

Raven nodded. There was a knock on Apple's door, "Sweetie, I know you're already aware that you aren't my daughter. But I do love you just like I would love my own daughter, if I was able to have children. So, now that you know the truth, I hope you won't see me any different than you do now. I only pushed you to follow my footsteps and become the next generation of Snow White, because I didn't want you to become evil like your birth mother; Grimhilde. Before our Legacy year at Ever After High; Grimhilde and I were best friends, when she fulfilled her part of our story; she regretted every moment of her role and also all she did to me, that when she gave birth to her fraternal twins; Raven and you, she felt deeply regretful and remorseful that she caused me to become Infertile after the whole enchanted corset thing. So, as an act of compassion; Grimhilde chose to give one of her twins to me to raise as though she was my own daughter. And she left me a note as well apologizing for all the things she did to me, but mostly because I couldn't have children of my own because of her. I gave you a mirror on your birthday every year knowing that your birth mom was imprisoned in the mirror realm, and that she could watch you grow up."

Snow White paused to catch her breath. "Apple, on your 10th birthday, I chose to give you a magic mirror, so that you could actually communicate with your birth mom, whether or not you realized it. Although; it was by saying a magic spell. You could hear your mom's voice. But all she would say was that there was no one fairer in the land than you, and that you were the fairest in all the land by far. But, last year; when you freed her from her mirror prison. You were actually able to spend time with your real mother and she could spend time with you as well. I already knew that earlier that day Raven and Grimhilde had an argument and Raven in anger threw a hextbook at the mirror which weakened the glass, which I knew would happen. I planned everything, I told Grimm it would happen and to allow it, because I knew you would free her. After all; her mirror was made by blood magic, and only her own flesh and blood could shatter the mirror."

Raven and Apple looked at each other. "Wait, sis. Are you saying you knew Apple would throw the apple at the mirror in the first place?" Raven asked her step-sister. Snow nodded. "Yes, I did. I knew it would happen on the day I came to Ever After High, so since the only two people who participated in Dragon Sport during my class's year at Ever After High were me and Grimhilde, I decided to revive the Dragon Games." Snow answered Raven. "I won't think of you any different even after you tell everyone that you're Grimhilde's daughter and Raven's biological sister." Snow said, full of love and mercy. Apple hugged her step-sister/adoptive mother.

"You may not be my birth mom, but because you raised me at the request of my birth mother, you will always be my mom, no matter what! Grimhilde may be my mom, but so are you." Apple said with tears in her eyes. Grimhilde appeared in the mirror inside Apple's room at Snow White Castle. "Snow, I know that I've been imprisoned here for almost twenty years, but is there any way that I can be released from my prison temporarily so that I can attend the graduation ceremony for both of my daughters? I promise that I won't do anything like what I did last year, I truly have accepted that I will always be considered a villain, and I understand that both of my daughters do not wish to follow after me, so I am willing to accept that. But, I have finally seen the light, and you were right; there was still light and goodness inside of me. I'm the Yang, or darkness with light inside, and you dear Snow are the Yin, light with darkness within. We are both at balance, and now; I realize that my older daughter; Raven, is the Yin, and my younger daughter; Apple, is the Yang. Together, they are the balance that the land of Ever After needs."

Snow agreed with Grimhilde. "You're absolutely right. They are the Yin and Yang, but Apple is light with darkness within, and Raven is darkness with light inside it." Snow White, Apple and Raven depart from Snow White Castle for Ever After High. The journey to Ever After High is a short trek. "So mom, why did you come with us?" Apple asked curiously. Snow smiled at her adopted daughter and said; "I'm going to free your birth mother of course. I was the one who ordered her to be imprisoned, so I can also order her to be released from her imprisonment. I think that Grimhilde should be able to spend time with her two daughters. After all; her sentence was for twenty years, but despite her being freed last year by Apple, I can consider her twenty-year sentence as completely served at eighteen and a half. Our story is over now so there's no need to keep her locked up any longer." Apple looked at her adoptive mother and asked; "Do you really think it's wise to release her? Sure, she is my birth mother, but after last year I am thinking she could try to take over Ever After High again or maybe even the entire realm of Ever After."

As the trio walked towards the school; Snow looked at Raven. "Look, I had no right to mistreat you like that, we're family, you're my step-sister and Apple is my step-sister/adopted daughter, so I feel really bad for mistreating you; I was just upset that Grimhilde was my best friend, and when our story played out; she became my step-mother and enemy. Aurora and Maleficent were the same way, best friends during their time at Ever After High they even fell in love with each other, but Maleficent betrayed Aurora during our Legacy Year, she cursed Aurora after graduation. Aurora didn't sleep for 100 years like everyone thought she would, and they were surprised to hear that it was none other than Maleficent herself who had apparently awakened Aurora from her sleeping curse, almost a week later. The two of course hid the whole thing from the public eye, and Aurora told Belle, Ella, Rapunzel, myself and a few others, including; Grimhilde and Red that she and Maleficent had secretly got married."

Snow and Raven talked about their relationship growing up, and how she should've treated Raven more like her sister than as an outcast, she apologized to Raven and they stopped walking long enough for her and Raven to hug. "Now that I've made amends with you, it's time for me to reconcile with my stepmother, who was once my best friend. Which is why I am going to release her." As the three of them reached Ever After High's main gate; they were shocked to learn that Milton Grimm hadn't actually closed the school as he announced he would. Everyone except for those who were taking time off were still on the school grounds, although all classes had been cancelled until further notice, everyone was still on campus.