Ch. 15

"Whoa, cowboy," a voice called across the lobby to Jon, "you're looking rough."

Jon turns around towards the voice while rubbing his neck. He sees Amanda smiling at him from the direction of the front desk. He walks over in her direction.

"Wow," she jokes, "it's even worse from the front."

"I feel worse than I look," Jon says, "I'm sure of it."

"Just getting in?" Amanda asks, "must have been some party."

"I wish it were that fun," Jon says, "I missed the last flight out of East London. I tried to stay at the airport to wait for the first flight but eventually I gave up and went to a hotel."

"Oh, you poor thing!" Amanda whines.

"Fell asleep really early," Jon continues, "overslept the first flight. It's been a crazy twenty-four hours."

"Sounds like it," Amanda responds, "so I'm guessing we're postponing tonight?"

"Are you kidding?" Jon exclaims, "I wouldn't miss it. I need something to help improve this day."

"Are you sure you're going to be ok?" Amanda jokes, "I don't want you to be too tired."

"I'm going to run up and change and then catch the morning seminars," Jon explains, "and then skip lunch and the afternoon to grab a nap. I'll freshen up and be right as rain when you get off."

"Call it 4:30?" Amanda asks.

"Perfect," Jon says.

"Alright," Amanda demurs, "well I better get back to work."

"Yea," Jon says, "I better get moving too. I'll see you tonight."

"I'm looking forward to it," Amanda says with a smile.

Jon turns and heads towards the elevator.