Chapter 80

Wolfe walked out of a super modern meeting space into a matching hallway. He shook the hand of the man next to him and then turned to a man on the other side. He patted the man on the back.

"Well, gentlemen," Wolfe says to the group of twelve with him, "It's never easy, but I think we made the right choice."

There is a rabble of agreement.

"Alright," Wolfe smiled, "until next time."

Wolfe leaves the men talking in the hallway and walks down to a blank wall. He presses an unseen button and the familiar swinging doors open. He steps into a familiar elevator. He presses down and the elevator closes and moves.

When the door opens, it does so on a familiar gray hallway, lined with doors. His name is on the first door on the right. He opens it and steps inside.

As Wolfe closes the door behind him; the lights dimmed automatically and the glass came to life. He fell into the chair at the desk, scooted it up to the desk, and sighed loudly.

After a moment, he pressed the left dial to activate it. He typed into the keypad and the number came up on the screen above the left dial: B925AFC2B62C. Then, he deactivated it and activated the right dial. He quickly tapped '1' and then deactivated the dial.

The now-lit screen burst out in a blue-tinted picture. It takes a moment to stabilize, which always happened after a shift, but the picture quickly settles.

It was Jon, sitting on a stool at a kitchen island in a typical suburban kitchen. He was eating breakfast and talking with a woman his age and two teenagers: a boy and a girl.

Wolfe smiled and kicked his feet up on the desktop to watch.