chapter one

y/n pov

i smile as i look into his eyes. just the way he talks to me fills my heart with so much joy. i never thought i would come this far with the boy of my dreams. this spring day could not be any more perfect.

he's so cute.

"isn't the weather really nice today?" he asked.

"yeah.." i say as i stare into his eyes filled with stars.

"i'm really glad you decided to go on a date with me" he says as he picks up another grape from the container.

he organized a picnic date as our first date and i could not be any happier. we are sat on a blanket with assorted fruits laid in between us. the both of us sitting with our legs open and leaning back on our arms as we look into each other's eyes. this is definitely one of the best days of my life.

"you know...i've definitely liked you for wayyy longer than you have liked me" i said before letting out a chuckle. "so, thank you for liking me back" i continued as i grabbed a grape as well.

he laughs while shaking his head.

that was so cute ughhh.

"after this, do you wanna go watch a movie together?" he asked.

oh my god, more time with heeseung? this day just keeps getting better!! i gotta act cool.

"sure, i don't see why not" i said as i plop another grape into my mouth.

i look at him as he shifts in his spot and sits up straight. so i do the same.

"y/n... i just want to say that, im glad that i fell for a girl like you. i've always thought that love wasn't meant for me, but you've made me realize that anything can happen when you least expect it. so thank you for being the first girl to conquer my heart. i think... i think i'm in love with you" he recites as he stares deep into my soul.

i think i just fell more in love.

"i love you to-"

...

"pssst... y/n!!"

"huh? what happened?" i ask, looking around for who called my name.

"quit daydreaming, that's the fourth time this week" my best friend, wonyoung, complains to me. "seriously. i don't even know how that's possible."

"i bet you it was about heeseung" my other best friend, jungwon, says. i turn around to glare at him. "oh my god, she was drooling too" he says before laughing and pointing at my drool.

i clean my face before saying anything. "not cool guys, you're supposed to stop me from being like this, you know?" i said, trying to scold them as an excuse.

"hey, you three back there! you might want to pay attention or else you're gonna end up in detention" mr. song says before continuing the lesson.

my friends and i just roll our eyes and start to pay attention. we know mr. song couldn't assign us detention even if he wanted to. he's too nice for that and that's why we have like a thousand warnings from him.

~~~

the bell rings after 15 minutes and i start putting my stuff together before heading to lunch with wonyoung and jungwon. once i'm ready, i start walking out with them behind me.

"wonyoung, can you stop getting so freaking tall? it actually hurts" jungwon cries out.

"it's not my fault you two are shorties" she says. "i'll get you guys some milk, how about that?" she continues, trying to make the situation better in a sarcastic way.