chapter three

y/n pov

heeseung and i are sat a good 10 feet away from each other, watching the rest of the class warm up.

"alright guys!" mr. jung calls out.

everyone stops what they were doing and look at the teacher, including me even though i'm not participating.

then, i hear heeseung groan from beside me. i tense up a little.

what's wrong with him?

i decide to stay quiet, i don't want to annoy him further.

"heeseung! y/n!" mr. jung calls out.

"yes sir!" we respond. heeseung a little less enthusiastic.

"i have a task for you both"

mr. jung said we needed to be productive in some way so he sent us to the closet to clean some of the stuff in there.

i just wanna go home...

when we get to the closet inside the gym, i look at all the crammed stuff in there.

i doubt we'll get through everything...

i glance up at heeseung to see what he's doing. he starts dribbling a basketball around and goes to play by himself on the court.

great, looks like i'm gonna be the only one cleaning here.

i let out a sigh.

i sit down and get to cleaning some of the soccer balls i found first. i grab a rag and the cleaning products and got to work.

i'm on the last soccer ball when i get hit by a basketball on my shoulder.

"ouch..." i mumble out while rubbing my shoulder.

why have i become a target today...

"sorry" i hear heeseung say quickly before grabbing the basketball and shooting it into the court.

that's basically how the rest of the class goes. i spent my time cleaning other sports' balls, some equipment, and some mats. meanwhile, heeseung didn't even clean the basketball he was using.

now i'm questioning if i'll still like him after this... the answer is yes, unfortunately.

i check the time and see that there's a few minutes left till class is over. a few seconds later, i hear the rest of the class come into the gym and heading to the dressing rooms.

"how was cleaning?" jake comes up behind me and crouches to my height as i'm still sitting on the ground.

"it was alright, i got no help though..." i tell him pouting.

"heeseung didn't help you at all?" he asks me a little surprised.

"nope" i say as i try to get up but my knee hurt a little.

jake saw me struggling so he helped me up.

"tha-"

i got cut off by a basketball being thrown into the closet. it almost hit me on the head.

jake and i turn around to look at heeseung, but he was already walking away.

"thank you jake, you should go change now" i tell him since the bell will ring soon.

"alright, be careful okay?"

i nod my head.

i put some of the stuff i moved back in its place and closed the closet. the bell rings soon after.