chapter seven

heeseung pov

it's friday morning now. i managed to discreetly place the letter where the person told me to. i'm tempted to wait here to see the person but i think they're smarter than that.

i need to go see what y/n is up to.

when i get to her classroom, she's not there. frowning, i take one last glance to make sure she's not hiding.

where is she?

as i turn around to head back out, someone bumps into me in a rush.

"sorry! i'm in a hur-" y/n looks up at me.

her clothes are all messy. she really must've been in a hurry.

"sorry heeseung" she forces a smile as she stands straight in front of me now.

"it's fine" i reply.

she tries to take a step to the left but i get in her way. then she tries to go to the right but i get in her way again.

"what's up?" she looks a bit annoyed now.

"come here" i motion for her to get closer.

she takes a step forward and looks at me questioningly.

i fix her uniform collar as well as her sweater and bookbag. i give her a pat on the head and get out of her way.

"have fun in class, my dear girlfriend" i give her a fake sweet smile.

"t-thanks" she says flustered.

looks like she can play her part.

"hey, first period is about to start. where were you?" sunghoon joins me on the way to physics.

"just making sure y/n made it to class" i put my hand in my pockets.

"do you actually like her?" he looks at me concerned.

my eyebrow twitches in annoyance.

does he like y/n or something? i was almost sure he was still into wonyoung...

"do you think i would be dating her if i didn't?" i say back to him and he doesn't comment on it any further.

~~~

y/n pov

i ask to go to the bathroom in english class to see if heeseung replied to my letter.

i quickly hurry to the right hallway and check for any letters at the secret place.

i smile as i feel the piece of paper. i look at my surroundings to make sure no one saw me and head back to the classroom.

"what's that?" niki asks me once i sit back down.

"just a little reminder note for next class" i make up a lie so he doesn't pester me about it.

"for the lab report? that you miserably failed?" he laughs.

"first of all, it wasn't completely my fault okay? and we didn't fail" i roll my eyes and put the letter in my sweater pocket.

"whatever, can i see your answers?" he nods his head at my work.

"you owe me twice now" i remind him as i let him see my paper.

"yeah yeah" he dismisses it.

~~~

"i have to tell her, i can't keep this from her. you know how much this stresses me out" i hear wonyoung from around the corner.