chapter twelve

heeseung pov

i walk along with sunoo to where ms. nuin was leading us. it was time for another activity in groups.

"alright guys, this is an activity all groups are doing but mr. suh thought it was better if we were spread apart. we get all this front part of the building so please don't go any further where i can't see you. i'm going to give you a piece of paper and an envelope" she starts walking around to our spots and handing us exactly what she just said.

"you're going to write a letter to this random person we've assigned to you. it was all completely random so you may get someone you know or not. either way, all you have to do is write a nice letter of motivation for them. i hope you guys all write it from the bottom of your heart, it'll show just how big your heart is. good luck!'" she smiles as she explains.

who will i write to?

"who do you think you're gonna get?" sunoo asks me.

"i don't have a clue, i just hope it's not yuna" i say and he nods as he chuckles.

a person pops up in my head. i hope i get her.

i take a seat on a cut up log and wait for ms. nuin to reach me with the slip of paper that has the name assigned to me.

"here you go, heeseung" she stands in front of me and gives me a wide grin.

i've never seen her do that, it was a little creepy...

"thank you" i give her a small smile and she moves on.

moment of truth.

i open the slip and my heart skips a beat.

the name y/n is written on it. i place the slip in my pocket and begin writing.

'hello,

it's going to seem weird that i'm writing a letter to you, there's been a lot of things going on and we haven't communicated properly after all. still, i always look back to when i first approached you. i know i wasn't the nicest and that's why i'm writing this letter to you, to apologize. i assumed the worst from you because we're of different backgrounds and yet, here you are trying to help me with matters that have nothing to do with you. i'm sorry for bringing you more trouble, i wish there was an easy way out of this. i feel like the more we don't see each other now, the more i miss you and start liking you more and more.

let's make a deal. once we resolve all of this mess, let's burn the dating agreement paper. that is, if you still have it. let's burn it and forget all of these obstacles when we get there.

sincerely, heeseung'

i stare at it as i finish the last part, checking for any errors.

will this make her smile? i hope so.

"wow, that's kinda long" sunoo glances at my letter and looks at me wide-eyed.

"i had a lot to say" i smirk.

"i hope the person you're sending it to likes it" he tells me with his signature eye smile.

"me too" i reply to him.

"due to there being two different years to account these letters for, it'll take some time to send them out. they'll most likely arrive to them around winter break or so" ms. nuin told us.

"that's a long time" sunoo mumbles and i hum in agreement.

as we take a seat next to each other on the grass, i look up and spot y/n by a tree. she looks up from her piece of paper and gives me a smile. i don't hesitate to give her one back.