chapter fifteen

y/n pov

next week has finally rolled around and i can't keep the excitement to myself, obviously still hiding the fact that heeseung will be coming.

"are you even listening to me? you're so out of it these days..." wonyoung pouts as she shakes me violently.

we're in chemistry right now, we've finished our lab and just waiting for mr. kang to check our work.

"sorry, i'm excited for this weekend" i give her an apologetic smile.

"me too, it doesn't feel like it's december already" she zones out.

"yeah, it feels like a lot has happened but at the same time, not really" i make a face, remembering the bad things that have happened.

"it's almost eerie how calm things have been... let's be grateful for this" she touches my arm, making me realize the fact.

"you guys are last, no questions before i review your work?" mr. kang comes up beside us.

"we feel confident" wonyoung gives him a smile.

the three of us clearly remembering that time when we almost burnt down the school.

"looks good" mr. kang says as he scans through our papers.

"thank you" i say and he leaves just as the bell rings.

"oh my- i really have to go to the bathroom. can you come with me, please?" wonyoung says as she tries to rush to put her stuff together.

"ugh, why me? just go by yourself" i wait for her to finish collecting her stuff.

"please! it's in between classes, i don't wanna be by myself" she gives me her puppy eyes to which i silently curse at because they always work.

"fine, hurry" i roll my eyes as she smiles and hurries out of the classroom with me behind her.

"this is gonna take longer than i thought" she tells me from the stall.

"um tmi" i make a grossed out face as i scroll through social media on my phone. "hey, the bell is gonna ring soon" i tell her as i look at the time.

"don't leave me please!" she begs me.

"i can't believe i'm gonna be late to class because you couldn't go to the bathroom by yourself" i complain.

"sorryyyy" she apologizes. "i'm almost done! apparently it's that time of the month..." she sighs.

"don't give in to your cravings" i mention to her.

"ugh, you're right" she says before i hear the toilet flushing and the bell rings.

"uh oh" i say as she hurries to wash her hands.

"i hope the detention teachers aren't out yet" she tells me as she grabs her stuff from my hands and we head out.

"hey!" we freeze.

how unlucky did we have to be...

"it was an emergency! i swear!" wonyoung pleads with her palms together and squeezing her eyes shut.

i just look at the teacher in-training. it's the youngest mr. lee, he's known to be chill but doesn't let situations like these pass.

"you are supposed to be in class right now" he says.

"i asked her to accompany me to the bathroom. i'm sorry, it won't happen again" i take the bullet for wonyoung.

i feel bad for her since she probably isn't feeling well right now.