chapter fourteen

y/n pov

i tried so many things, calling his phone one too many times, reaching out to people who might know him and even went to his house but no one was there.

sport's day didn't feel the same with whole group after he disappeared. we all desperately wanted to know where he was.

november is almost over now and there is still no sign of him. i couldn't give him his birthday gift and he wasn't here for jake's birthday either.

sunghoon and niki's birthdays are coming up and i'm starting to think we won't see him for those either.

rolling into my fourth class of the day, history. i slump down on my desk in front of wonyoung and beside jungwon.

"i feel like everyday has become a routine now, there is nothing new and we just have to suffer until the end of the year" wonyoung mumbles out from behind me and i hum in agreement.

we're all pretty tired after consistently looking for heeseung when we had the time or just any clues as to where he could be.

i don't get it. i saw him the day before he left, he could not have gone out that far but there is still no trace of him... maybe it wasn't him who i saw after i went shopping for his gift that day?

suddenly, the intercom comes on. a pre-recorded, robotic monotone voice speaking loudly through it.

"attention, students and faculty. there has been a severe weather warning given to our district. please take cover as weather is significantly worsening. make sure to stay out..."

the voice went on and i looked outside the window.

it looked like an apocalyptic scene to be honest and i had not payed much attention to the outside because all i had been thinking about was my friends and heeseung's whereabouts.

"i hadn't noticed it got this bad" i tell jungwon and wonyoung as we go to sit away from the big windows on the wall.

the thunderstorm was raging on, it didn't seem like it was going to stop soon. i could see the lightning and hear so much thunder, how did i miss all of that?

"it's been a while since we've had severe weather like this" jungwon says, getting comfortable in the corner of the classroom.

"it almost feels like a sign" wonyoung said, which made me turn to look at her, but by the way she looks, she made it seem like she didn't care it was a 'sign.'

could it be a sign? a sign of what though?

heeseung pov

things went much worse than i thought.

after leaving the house, we moved in to my aunts' house a few cities away for the meantime. we obviously couldn't stay for long since her house was already tight as it was.

my mother found a job and i got a part-time job. i moved into my new school quietly. nobody really talked to me and i actually appreciated it. i wasn't ready to make new friends anyway.

now that it's cold and nearing december, my mom started getting sick. at first it seemed like your common cold, but one day i got called to the office at school. they told me my mom was in the hospital since she fainted at work.

i could only think the worst, and not to mention the hospital bill. i used to never think about the money because i knew were doing okay. it was all until that bastard messed up our lives and now we have to suffer even more.

we weren't doing good.

i even considered dropping out of school. my mom and aunt stopped me though. my aunt insisted that we could stay with her longer as long as we were okay.