chapter eighteen

heeseung pov

"you're saying you don't have to take the midterms because you already took them ahead of time!?" sunoo exclaims loudly.

"yup, as a senior we had that privilege at my other school. i still have to attend school though and thankfully everything transferred here without any problems" i tell the guys, y/n and wonyoung are having their girl time or whatever right now as it is lunchtime.

"i wish we had that privilege here" jay munches on his chips.

"yeah, that would be so much better. i'm tired of stressing before the actual day" sunghoon runs his hand through his hair for the nth time now.

"no but it finally feels so much better with heeseung back, like everything is complete" jungwon says and the rest hum in agreement.

"this is like... satisfaction at its finest" niki tries to say fancily but it comes out funny to which we laugh at.

"i don't think i'll be able to go to the french trip though" i say as i put some food in my mouth.

"oh, we have that covered. don't worry" jay points out nonchalantly.

"what? you guys don't have to-" i start off.

"we already set up your money envelope, you can't take it back" sunoo retorts.

"...okay" i chuckle at their readiness. "thank you guys, i owe you a lot" i thank them, giving them my most sincere smile.

"we owe this to you as your friend. we'll do anything for you as long as you stay with us" jake pats my shoulder.

"hello! who's ready for the start of midterms?" wonyoung plops down beside sunghoon, slamming her books on the table making our food jump up.

behind her is a zombie-like y/n, which makes me laugh.

"guys watch out, there's a zombie" i joke and point at y/n, who brings her head up to glare at me.

"have you even slept?" jungwon looks at her with judging eyes.

"barely... that english midterm was longer than i expected" y/n replies, taking a seat in between sunoo and me, placing her head on her crossed arms on the table.

"i have english next period, pray for me" sunoo's eyes widen at the realization.

"english isn't that bad compared to science and math" sunghoon recalls his midterms from the previous year.

"i think i almost failed math last year" i say, recalling some bad times as i tried to cram all of my studying in one day.

"oh god..." y/n groans into her arms.

i lightly tap her arm and offer her my chocolate milk. she sits up and takes it.

"thanks" she gives me a quick smile before downing it all in one go.

"thirsty much?" i chuckle as she slammed the empty carton on the table.

"kinda, i'm just so tired. i shouldn't have stayed up to study" she rubs her eyes.

"you can rest right now before the bell rings" i tell her.

she gives me a lazy smile with a thumbs up before placing her head back in her arms. i stare at her form for a little longer before focusing back on the group's conversation. when i look up, i meet jake's gaze and he smirks giving me a knowing look. i laugh at my obviousness.

i guess i shouldn't hide it anymore.

~~~

p.e. class feels different now. i can't pinpoint the exact reason but it might be the fact that i get to spend this time with y/n once again.