chapter twenty

y/n pov

i guess it was a little too obvious that i liked heeseung... maybe he knows and is waiting for me?

i thank max for telling me what he did and was grateful he respected my wishes to stay as friends. i mean, who wouldn't like to have a friend that lives in france right?

a little sad by the fact but he did say he had a couple friends here so it eased my worries.

as i turn to leave, i bump into heeseung.

uh- please tell me he didn't hear my conversation with max.

i give him an indifferent look.

"hey, what's up?" i ask him.

"where were you?" he responds.

just as he said that, our phones buzz at the same time with the reminder to meet back up with the group.

"let's go?" i say to him.

he nods and grabs my hand. becoming flustered, i don't make eye contact but happily keep my hand in his.

i guess it's different now since i plan on confessing soon...

"you're getting married!?" we hear as we approach the teachers all huddled together.

"why are you so loud?" we see ms. nuin cover her ears and grimace. she turns to see us and quickly moves away from mr. kim.

"why's everybody taking so long?" she checks her watch and looks back up to count the current group.

the rest of the guys have just joined us.

"where did y'all go?" jungwon asks.

"i was talking to max and stumbled upon heeseung afterwards" i explain and he nods his head slowly in confusion.

"why are you two holding hands?" sunoo asks suspiciously.

out of embarrassment, we both let go and look different ways.

"okay! everyone is here now, let's proceed!" ms. nuin says and the rest of the day continues as normal.

max had brought one of his friends along, he said his name was armand. he's pretty tall and handsome, he seemed to match max's vibe well.

the days went by and it was now friday, our second to last day as we were to return on sunday.

today, i will confess. i have decided it's time to face it and since we have more spare time today, i thought it was perfect.

making sure i have my last letter written, i grab my phone and join the guys in the lobby.

for some reason, everyone turns to look at me and heeseung speaks up.

"do you have plans for today?" he asks me.

"um, no. did you wanna do something?" i reach his side, warily.

everyone turned back to normal but it still feels like they're listening...

"wanna go somewhere with me? i found this place i wanted to check out" he tells me with a pleading look in his eyes.

"okay, let's go" i give him a smile.

this is perfect, we're going to be somewhere where i can comfortably tell him everything.

we are almost out of the building when ms. nuin stops us.

"where are you guys going?" she asks, looking at us back and forth.

"just around the building, it's too loud in here" heeseung says.

"oh okay! don't go too far and don't do anything your parents wouldn't like you to do!" she kinda whispers the last part to us and pats our shoulders before she let us go.