chapter sixteen

y/n pov

"we thought you were dead!" niki shouts.

"why would you think that?" heeseung chuckles.

"you disappeared on us! nobody knew where you went" jake went in for a hug, which heeseung returned and everyone else followed.

"i'm fine, i wasn't able to respond to the messages because i had to save my data for other stuff. i'm sorry guys..." he apologizes.

"don't apologize, it wasn't your fault. we're glad you're here with us now" jay pats his back.

"i wish i could've been here for jake's birthday but i didn't even get to celebrate mine with you guys. i'm adjusting just fine a couple of towns over though. i'm staying with my aunt" he explains.

"you couldn't find an affordable place to stay here?" sunghoon asks.

"no, my mom started getting sick so we're planning to stay with my aunt until we have enough to support ourselves" heeseung smiles sadly.

"your mom's sick?" sunoo asks worriedly.

"yeah... she's got lung cancer" heeseung says quietly but loud enough for all of us to hear.

i let out a small gasp.

why do the good people always have to go through bad things?

"i'm going to cry!" sunoo fans his eyes.

"don't cry! it's gonna make me cry!" wonyoung exclaims.

"guys, chill out! everything is fine now, she's getting treatment because it hadn't gotten far, and i can come visit whenever i want to now that we're settled for a bit" heeseung explains.

"that's a relief, i'm glad your mom found out before it got worse" jake gives heeseung a smile.

"yeah, i don't know what i would've done if things didn't turn out this way" heeseung says.

"let's be grateful for this and party hard!" niki stands up as he gets fired up.

"why are you so hyped now?" i raise my eyebrow at his action.

"i think he's on a sugar rush. he did eat most of the candy on the table..." jay points at the table behind us.

"i suppose people are still fashionably late, it's 7:45 already" sunghoon says checking the time.

"i heard from huening kai that him and the rest of the guys are coming around 8 since they were far from here" jake informs us.

"and they always seem to bring the party with them, so we just have to wait for them to get here" heeseung chuckles.

"okay, in the meantime i'll refill the candies, and someone please get niki away from the food!" sunoo fusses as he makes his way to the kitchen.

~~~

"the party is here!" the doorbell rings just as someone shouts behind the front door.

"get ready" heeseung whispers to me before he opens the door.

as soon as he opened the door, a bunch of people came bursting in and the music suddenly cued with the lights turning into a bunch of different colors.

"what the-"

"told you" heeseung smirks over at me.

"that's cool" i laugh at it.

i've never seen anything like this. we went from a small group to a whole party in less than a minute.

"we should have some sugar now, you know, instead of alcohol" he takes a step forward.

"yep, let's get crazy" i agree with him and follow him to where the drinks are at.