chapter ten

y/n pov

this has got to be the worst monday morning ever. i shouldn't even have come to school, yet here i am.

"y/n!!" someone shouts at me from the hallway. i turn to see jungwon.

"yeah?" i respond calmly as he gets by my side.

"you- you didn't tell anyone right? what happened at the party?" he asks me worriedly.

"no, don't worry. but won't you tell the others eventually though?" i look at him now.

"the thing is... ariana is ignoring me now" he grimaces and rubs the back of his neck.

"what!?" i let out in shock.

"shh! someone might hear you" he quickly hushes me.

"what do you mean?" i go back to the subject.

"i texted her last night and even this morning but she didn't respond. and now that i just saw her, i tried to approach her but she ran away" he explains.

"i'm sure she has a reason, you should keep trying unless she looks uncomfortable" i tell him.

"i will, thanks... but i wanted to ask you about something else. i saw you go upstairs and then heeseung went up after you, did you guys do something?" he raises his eyebrow.

is he teasing me right now?

"no, what is going through your head?" i scold him and flick his forehead lightly.

"go to class you clown" i push him and close my locker.

"right back at you!" he shouts at me from a distance.

i chuckle and shake my head.

i really don't wanna see heeseung today...

i sit at my desk and see niki already in his.

"wow, you're early!" i say to him.

"and you're on time!" he answers me the same way.

"any idea on what you want yet? i did my homework this time, see?" he shows me the assignment.

"that was due last week..." i deadpan.

"well i still did it, didn't i?" he groans.

"right, i was thinking maybe you could give me a gift card?" i give him puppy eyes.

"for what?" he makes a face.

"food" i give him a grin.

"fine, i'll get you one tomorrow. is that all you want?" he gives in.

"i'll think about my second one later" i tell him.

~~~

i somehow managed to avoid heeseung but lunchtime came and i wasn't expecting to see heeseung... with yuna.

why does my chest hurt? is this what heartbreak feels like?

i know we weren't together for real, but why wouldn't he tell me about this? this is why he broke up with me?

"y/n..." someone comes up behind me and put their hand on my shoulder.

i turn to see jake. he has a sorrowful look on his face.

"what happened?" he asks me. i just shake my head to tell him now isn't the moment.

i looked back at the two and made eye contact with yuna who is grinning at me like she just won against me.

what is it with her? what have i done to her?

i turn around to walk out and just sit somewhere else that isn't close to the cafeteria.