chapter eleven

y/n pov

it's finally the day of the trip. i somehow managed a whole month without having yuna mess with me. things with heeseung were the same, though it's a little less awkward since that one day. this whole situation just bums me out but i figured heeseung was the only reason why yuna wasn't making my life at school a living hell.

i'm satisfied knowing that he wasn't the one to make us drift apart but it makes me wonder what could've been of us.

will we eventually regain the friendship we had slowly built? could we even become more than friends?

i try not to get into my thoughts too much, i tend to be more pessimistic than i'd like.

"y/n~" wonyoung comes beside me with her duffel bag.

"hey... wow, i'm surprised you were able to fit all of your stuff in there" i make fun of her.

"we were limited to only one bag so" she pouts.

"right" i chuckle and the teachers soon began to take roll.

it was a three day trip and i was somewhat excited for it. it was partly because we actually didn't have school, but i could also use this time to enjoy with friends.

it's wednesday and we would be returning friday. i'm curious as to see the plan of how everything was gonna work out. i'm still not sure if we're going to be separated by random groups or by class or something else.

i'm guessing they're gonna tell us soon.

"hey girls" the rest of the guys greet us, except for heeseung of course.

"hi" "hey" wonyoung and i greet them and we stay together until some teachers call for our attention.

there was five teachers in front of us which i'm guessing are the only ones going on the trip. it was a good big group of us, the first and second years didn't get to go on the trip so my friends and i got lucky.

mr. suh, one of the faculty, along with mr. kim the math teacher, mr. kim the art teacher, ms. nuin, and of course the school's nurse, mr. nakamoto.

"hello students! for this trip, we are going to separate you guys into three groups. please be kind to those in your group and don't forget that respect is a thing. now, the leaders of the groups are mr. kim doyoung, mr. kim jungwoo and ms. nuin... if you guys could all listen up for your names, that'd be great!" he informs us and each teacher calls for the names in their group.

i got assigned to mr. kim, the art teacher's group along with jake, niki and jay. i sadly parted away from wonyoung and told her that i'd miss her. looking at the rest of my group, i scoffed seeing yuna in here but at least there's no sign of heeseung, meaning that i won't have to see them together for some time.

"let's look away for now..." jay grabs my shoulders and faces me the opposite way of yuna.

i let out a laugh.

these guys are so attentive, making sure i don't feel uncomfortable.

i looked at the other groups and all i could let out was a 'wow.'

sunghoon and wonyoung were both in ms. nuin's group, they're far from me but i can tell they're being all lovey dovey with each other. i looked away from them only to see another couple being lovey dovey. jungwon and ariana smiling and laughing at each other in the other mr. kim's group.

i guess i was also in my own world when heeseung and i were with each other, so much so that i had never noticed other couples around us. is it like some sort of effect?